Communications & Engagement Manager
Communications & Engagement Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801382
- Closing Date: 03 September 2019
We need a:
Communications, Culture and Engagement Manager (12 month Fixed Term or Permanent role)
Based at our head offices, Swindon
Competitive salary based on a 35 hour per week contract
Simplification, Automation & Efficiency (SA&E) team is responsible for identifying and delivering process improvement initiatives, efficiency savings and creating an automation strategy that will deliver benefits across Nationwide. The team forms part of the COO community and has over 300 colleagues located in multiple sites.
This exciting role provides the opportunity to work across all teams within SA&E to drive our People, Communication and Engagement strategy to help deliver Simplification, Automation & Efficiency across the Society.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you will have:
• A demonstrated ability of creating a cultural and behavioural shift through designing and delivering of successful people, communication and engagement activities
• Ability to recommend and execute the most engaging way to deliver key messages
• A passion for driving a cultural shift, creating energy, understanding and educating colleagues on our Cultural journey
• An enthusiastic and adaptive style and approach to engage across multiple teams and levels
• Strong stakeholder management skills, with experience of engaging and influencing all levels
• Excellent time management and organisational skills and approach to problem solving
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
It would be nice if you also had:
• Hands-on experience of working within a communications, culture and engagement role
• Have worked in the financial sector for part of your career to date
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for:
Managing team Comms & Engagement Activity including:
-Defining and maintaining a team Comms Strategy
-Maintaining a schedule of Comms related activity aligned to the team comms strategy, Society Comms schedule, Community schedule and team People plan
-Coordinating with colleagues across the team and with Internal Comms partners to identify Comms to share with the wider team or areas where the team wants more information.
-Producing Ad-hoc papers and collateral to support engagement with senior stakeholder, committees and external parties.
-Managing and coordinating large team meetings such as quarterly events.
Managing team PEOPLE agenda including:
-Supporting the development of the team including the implementation of any new organisation design.
-Developing a team Competency Framework
-Supporting the securing and management of talent.
-Overseeing the joiners, movers and leavers process ensuring adherence to process
-Overseeing the coordination of senior leadership team development in conjunction with P&C
-Overseeing the coordination of team calibration activity
-Coordinating team Viewpoint Activity
-Coordinating PRIDE award activity
-Overseeing and encouraging Social Investment activity.
-Coordinating with Workspace Transformation/Services to define team space requirements.
-Helping Drive Flexible and Dynamic working within the team.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we don’t have shareholders, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.