Governance Risk and Controls Manager
Governance Risk and Controls Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801386
- Closing Date: 03 September 2019
We need a:
Governance, Risk & Controls Manager (12 month Fixed Term or Permanent role)
Based at our head offices, Swindon
Competitive salary on a 35 hour per week contract
Simplification, Automation & Efficiency (SA&E) team is responsible for identifying and delivering process improvement initiatives, efficiency savings and creating an automation strategy that will deliver benefits across Nationwide. The team forms part of the COO community and has over 300 colleagues located in multiple sites.
This exciting new role provides the opportunity to work across all teams within SA&E to drive effective governance of all key activities including management of performance and risk to help deliver Simplification, Automation & Efficiency across the Society.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you will have:
• Significant experience and understanding of the design and delivery of Risk and Controls Management Frameworks, policies and processes
• A good understanding of risk and controls management principles, control testing methods and remediation
• An aptitude for working with data, generating insight and providing recommendations
• Experience of working in a first line of defence control environment
• Strong communication skills and a proven track record and ability to influence across the Society at all levels
• An organised, professional and meticulous approach, you’ll have no problem managing a high volume and complex workload to strict deadlines
• A self-motivated ethic with a strong passion to deliver exceptional results
It would be nice if you also had:
• Have worked in the financial sector for part of your career to date
• Relevant qualification, or 2 years’ relevant experience
• Experience in report writing and producing formal papers for Senior Management
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for:
Manage team Governance including:
-Maintaining governance framework and handbook for SA&E
-Ensuring that appropriate KPIs are developed for the management of SA&E
-Ensuring that all key aspects of performance (financial, people, risk, operational, programme, strategy) are governed appropriately.
Manage team RISK agenda including:
-Coordinating identification, classification and documentation of top risks.
-Coordinating and undertaking controls testing activity - both regular and ad-hoc.
-Ensuring that actions to address any weaknesses identified during controls testing are agreed and implemented.
-Ensuring that any audit actions have a remediation plan agreed, where required, with internal audit and are closed within agreed timescales.
-Undertaking risk reporting required within or external to the team.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we don’t have shareholders, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.