Architect - Network Platform
Architect - Network Platform
- Location: Northampton, Swindon, Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801394
- Closing Date: 30 August 2019
- Network Architect based in one of main administration centres in Swindon, Bournemouth, Northampton or London (with regular travel to our head office in Swindon)
- 35 hour contract
- Send in your application by 27th August
We are moving at pace to transform our IT estate, introduce cloud solutions and simplify our infrastructure topology. We need someone who’ll be responsible for developing network solutions that will underpin the applications & services used by our members & colleagues. The ability to influence, communicate, lead the delivery and provide assurance of our architecture in this domain.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- be educated to degree level in a Computing or business equivalent
- be an established and respected network architect with experience developing and implementing successful network solutions
- have previous experience in developing solutions for mission critical, high availability environments with large transactional volumes
- have a deep level of technical expertise across a range of network technologies (including Campus LAN, Data Centre LAN, SDN, WAN & Wi-Fi) products (including routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, load-balancers and intrusion detection / prevention) vendors (including Cisco, Juniper & F5)
It would be nice if you also had:
- at least three years’ experience working as a network specialist in retail, telecommunications, utilities or financial services organisations
- a passion for technology, with an appreciation of industry trends
- experience of designing solutions around public cloud deployments (Iaas, PaaS & SaaS)
- an appreciation of infrastructure beyond the network, including collaboration, converged compute architectures etc.
- knowledge of emerging network and security technologies
- a track record for representing your technology field across all business areas within an organisation, and comfortable managing differing levels of stakeholder.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for architecting network solutions, working alongside design teams to deliver strategic projects around Network Infrastructure. You’ll need excellent communication and problem solving skills, enabling you to motivate technical teams to deliver high value solutions. With a high level of energy, a curious mind and a can-do attitude, you’ll identify issues and manage expectations while supporting our Senior Network Architect with strategic transformation of our IT estate.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.