ECC Senior Operations Manager
ECC Senior Operations Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801398
- Closing Date: 29 August 2019
• A Senior Operations Manager, within our Enterprise Command Centre (ECC), in our Head Offices in Swindon
We’re looking for a bright career focused influencer looking for their next challenge. In this fast paced technical environment, no day is ever the same. In this responsible and demanding role, you’ll manage our 24 hour teams and be fully accountable for directing the resolution of all the Society’s major system incidents.
Who we're looking for
Service delivery throughout the ECC is paramount, so it’s key that your strength of character and resilience will get you through the tough and challenging times.
As a minimum requirement you'll have;
• A demonstrable track record of managing technical teams, ensuring effective and efficient delivery of services in line with regulatory and business standards.
• Been in a leadership position before preferably with experience in incident and crisis management
• The ability to stay focused and provide direction and leadership throughout the periods of high pressure.
• Experience of operational change management, and can demonstrate the ability to prioritise and manage your workload
• A good understanding of ITIL, with a minimum qualification of ITIL Foundation
• Experience of building relationship across all levels of an organisation as well as third party suppliers.
• The ability to communicate with executive stakeholders and in particular, possess an ability to deliver difficult messages during times of high operational focus and intense pressure
• You’ll have experience of managing third parties, and a good knowledge of effective contract management would be advantageous
What you'll be doing
Delivering legendary service is the primary focus in the ECC, so you’ll have a demonstrable track record of managing technical teams, ensuring effective and efficient delivery of services in line with regulatory and business standards.
As you’ll be using both your business and technical oversight to make judgement calls on critical business decisions, it’s key that you’ve been in a management position before, preferably with experience in incident and crisis management too. You will have the ability to stay focused and provide direction and leadership throughout the periods of high pressure created by major incidents.
This is a high profile role so we’re looking for you to have a good understanding of ITIL, as well as senior management experience within a technical area. You’ll have experience of building relationship across all levels of an organisation as well as third party suppliers.
As you’ll be a senior point of contact and escalation during incidents, you’ll have the ability to communicate with executive stakeholders and in particular, possess an ability to deliver difficult messages during times of high operational focus and intense pressure. You’ll have experience of managing third parties and a good knowledge of effective contract management would be advantageous. It’s essential that you have experience of operational change management and can demonstrate the ability to prioritise and manage your workload.
The extras you'll get
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Access to private medical ensurance
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.