- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002801403
- Closing Date: 29 August 2019
• Security Communications Lead working in our head offices in Swindon.
• Send a covering letter and CV by 30th August 2019.
Act as the dedicated security communications lead to create and deliver engaging communications that will have impact. Be an integral part of the team delivering the Security Awareness programme activities and working with subject matter experts to deliver key security messages.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to create high quality and engaging communications to influence behaviour, often at short notice.
• Ability to clearly communicate technical content and/or context to non-technical colleagues at all levels of the business.
• Strong personal organisation when planning your own workload and completing daily activity including the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
• A self-motivated and positive attitude in your work with a commitment to take on tasks and focus on delivery, going the extra mile where necessary.
• Effective stakeholder management and the ability to influence.
• Being a team player with the ability to support and develop others
• Experience of working in, or with, Financial Service organisations or regulated industry.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of Security Awareness Programmes
• Training lifecycle knowledge or practical experience
• CISMP, equivalent industry/security specific academic qualification, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
• A genuine interest in either Cyber, Information or Physical Security.
What you'll be doing
Are you an experienced communicator, who can translate and deliver complex messages in a simplified way?
We are looking for an engaging and enthusiastic team player to join our Security Education and Awareness Team who will act as a trusted lead on communications that will educate and influence behaviour across the organisation. You’ll support colleagues in developing confidence in their understanding of policy and guidelines enabling them to act appropriately to minimise policy breaches and reduce the risk of serious incidents. Our focus is shifting perceptions from being a business blocker to a business partner and changing the way that Security is managed across the business. Your role will be to communicate important and often complex messages and updates to the wider organisation, and make sure guidance is crafted appropriately for the target audience to aid understanding of expected behaviours. In addition, you’ll support engagement with colleagues to gather feedback on our Security services. We have a duty of care to our Members and Colleagues to protect their data and this role will be fundamental in achieving this.
• Supporting creation and production of the Engagement, Training & Awareness Strategy & Delivery Plan.
• Provide expert communications advice and insight to ensure security communications activity is delivered in an effective and efficient way.
• Creating, producing, and delivering innovative and engaging communication strategies and plans to raise the profile of Security and positively impact the organisational security culture.
• Drafting high quality communications suitable for various audiences to support planned activity and in response to incidents.
• Meeting with Technical experts to craft and sign-off communications.
• Co-ordinating with Internal and External communications, where appropriate, to distribute communications effectively.
• Identifying changes to Security standards and procedures to ensure the Intranet site guidance is maintained valid and current.
• Researching and understanding key developments within related industries for use in wider communications.
• Designing and delivering analogue and digital training initiatives to support employees in understanding their Security responsibilities
• Supporting the monitoring of employees’ compliance with their personal security responsibilities, crafting visually engaging and accurate MI, and adjusting communication plans as required.
• Coordinating specialist security based training for the Security department and supporting colleagues with identification and booking of internal / external individual training.
• Act as a deputy for the Security Education and Awareness Manager as required.
• Input into continual improvement activities and participate in delivering initiatives to improve processes and controls of the Security team across the communities. Including awareness of emerging problems, trends and risks and recommending the appropriate mitigation actions where possible.
• Instigating and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders across industry and the Financial Authorities to build and advance the sector-wide capability, to share and pick-up good practice, and to benchmark against peers.
• Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of communities’ responsibilities and understand how they enable the management of relevant risks and issues within Nationwide’s risk appetite.
• Regularly seeking and interpreting feedback and proposing / implementing improvements about Security awareness activities to shape maturing and improving future activity.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.