Data Lead Incident Analysis Specialist
Data Lead Incident Analysis Specialist
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801421
- Closing Date: 27 September 2019
- Data Lead Incident Analysis Specialist in Data & Analytics, Operational Data Incident Analysis Team
- Location: Head Offices, Swindon
- Target salary £47,078 a year on a permanent 35-hour contract
- Send in your application by 13th September 2019
The Operational Data Incident Analysis team in the Data & Analytics community provides timely, responsive, insight and expert data knowledge to provide reassurance and auditable control for data incidents across the society. The outputs from the team are used by Incident teams to support incident resolution approach, implementation and where appropriate, remediation.
The team is committed to satisfying the business demand at pace while remaining suitably governed for audit and compliance, ensuring confidence and integrity of output remains high across the society.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for candidates that have excellent analytical, stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills, with the ability to work at pace to tight deadlines. You’ll demonstrate a strong willingness to learn, and a keenness to take ownership of tasks with senior exposure.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have experience of operating in an incident management environment where you have delivered impactful analysis as part of incident resolution
- Possess demonstrable experience of coaching and mentoring Analysts within a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Be influential, personally resilient, with exceptional written and verbal communication
- Have the ability to provide highly-effective subject matter expertise to both internal and external stakeholders, translating complex data findings to easily consumable stories that drive action
- Already have a proven track record of delivering comprehensive data analysis and root cause assessments in complex incident and/or analytical projects
- Be an experienced SAS user (Base, Enterprise Guide) with strong knowledge of Financial Services data
Be innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities and learning fast along the way
What you'll be doing
As part of a newly forming team that sits within our Business Intelligence, Visualisation and Reporting function, your focus will be producing high quality insight, analysis and support to incident resolution while coaching, mentoring and providing support to Incident Analysts.
You will assist in the co-ordination and prioritisation all incoming incident analysis work to ensure that the team deliver on agreements and provide succinct updates on progress and providing recommendations on next steps.
You will need to deputise for the Incident Analysis Lead in attending relevant management committees, engage and lead on 3rd party requirements and resources while acting as a key point of contact for Oversight, Compliance, Internal and External Audit.
You will remain positive and focused ensuring delivery to tight timescales and deadlines prioritising tasks from multiple streams. Your extensive technical competence will enable you to provide coaching while being able to deliver complex analysis as part of incident delivery.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.