Lead Data Incident Analysis Specialist
Lead Data Incident Analysis Specialist
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801421
- Closing Date: 13 December 2019
Based at our Head Office in Swindon with flexibility to work from home or another location for up to two days per week (dependent on delivery pressures)
The Operational Data Incident Analysis team (Data & Analytics community) provides the society with insight and expert data knowledge which in turn drives the reassurance and auditable control for data incidents. The outputs are used to support incident resolution, implementation and where appropriate, remediation. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly created team that is committed to satisfying the business demand whilst ensuring confidence and integrity for the society.
Who we're looking for
Who we’re looking for:
As an experienced Data Analyst, you’ll join a team within our Business Intelligence, Visualisation and Reporting function. This team is responsible for producing high-quality insight, analysis and support for the society through to incident resolution. You’ll already have experience of working in an incident management function where you have delivered impactful analysis as part of incident resolution.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Be confident when delivering comprehensive data analysis and root cause assessments in complex incident and/or analytical projects
• Be a SME to internal and external stakeholders and have a natural flair when translating complex data findings to easily consumable stories to drive action
• Be an experienced SAS user (Base, Enterprise Guide)
• Enjoy knowledge-sharing and have experience of coaching/mentoring team members
• Possibly come from a Financial Services background, but this isn’t essential
• Be innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities and learning fast along the way
What you'll be doing
You’ll support the team with the co-ordination and prioritisation of incoming incident analysis work whilst ensuring that the team delivers on agreements, provides succinct progress updates and recommendations on next steps.
When deputising for the Data Incident Analysis Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to attend management committees and engage and lead on 3rd party requirements and resources. You’ll also act as a key point of contact for Oversight, Compliance, Internal and External Audit.
You’ll have the drive and enthusiasm to deliver to tight timescales and deadlines whilst prioritising tasks from multiple streams.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
• Personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
• Up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• Family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
• 24 days holiday with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Personal development, support and training to help you to excel and develop your career
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.