Data Incident Analysis Manager
Data Incident Analysis Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801423
- Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Based at our Head Office in Swindon, with flexibility to work from home or another location for up to two days per week (dependent on delivery pressures)
The Operational Data Incident Analysis team in the Data & Analytics community provides timely, responsive, insight and expert data knowledge to provide reassurance and auditable control for data incidents across the society. The outputs from the team are used by Incident teams to support incident resolution approach, implementation and where appropriate, remediation.
The team is committed to satisfying the business demand at pace whilst remaining suitably governed for audit and compliance, ensuring confidence and integrity of output remains high across the society.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be an experienced team Manager with expertise in data incident analysis. As a natural influencer you’ll have great stakeholder management skills with the ability to work at pace to tight deadlines. This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape a new team and to take ownership of tasks with senior exposure.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Already be a Team Leader with experience of operating in an incident management environment where you’ve been the subject matter leader on the data topic
- Have experience of translating complex data findings to easily consumable stories to our internal and external stakeholders and Executive leaders
- Possess a track record of delivering comprehensive data analysis and root cause assessments in complex incident and/or analytical projects
- Have SAS (Base, Enterprise Guide) experience
- Be an experienced technical and data coach/mentor
What you'll be doing
You’ll be part of a high performing team within our Business Intelligence, Visualisation and Reporting function. Your positive and focused energy will help to shape, lead, develop and motivate our new Incident Analysis team. The team’s role is to produce high quality insight, analysis and support to incident resolution.
You’ll co-ordinate, manage and prioritise all incoming incident analysis work to ensure that the team deliver on agreements whilst providing Executive level communication on progress and providing recommendations on next steps. In addition, you’ll attend relevant management committees, engage and lead on 3rd party requirements and resources, whilst acting as the main point of contact for Oversight, Compliance, Internal and External Audit.
Your extensive technical know-how will be a great asset as you’ll coach and develop a small team of Analysts.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.