Incident Analysis Specialist
Incident Analysis Specialist
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801428
- Closing Date: 17 October 2019
• Data Incident Analysis Specialist in Data & Analytics, Operational Data Incident Analysis Team
• Send in your application by 3rd September 2019
The Operational Data Incident Analysis team in the Data & Analytics community provides timely, responsive, insight and expert data knowledge to provide reassurance and auditable control for data incidents across the society. The outputs from the team are used by Incident teams to support incident resolution approach, implementation and where appropriate, remediation.
The team is committed to satisfying the business demand at pace while remaining suitably governed for audit and compliance, ensuring confidence and integrity of output remains high across the society.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for candidates that have excellent analytical, stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills, with the ability to work at pace to tight deadlines. You’ll demonstrate a strong willingness to learn, and a keenness to take ownership of tasks with senior exposure.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Experience of operating in an incident management or fast paced analysis environment where you have delivered impactful findings
- Influential, personally resilient, with exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise to both internal and external stakeholders, translating complex data findings to easily consumable stories that drive action
- Track record of delivering data analysis and root cause assessments in incident and/or analytical projects
- Experience of data manipulation using SAS, SQL or equivalent tooling with strong knowledge of Financial Services data
- Innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities and learning fast along the way
What you'll be doing
As part of a newly forming team that sits within our Business Intelligence, Visualisation and Reporting function, your focus will be producing high quality insight, analysis and support to incident resolution.
You will assist in the prioritisation and delivery of analysis and insight requests to ensure that the team deliver on agreements and provide inputs to progress updates and providing recommendations on next steps.
You will use your technical competence to manipulate and aggregate data, translating your findings into consumable outputs at pace across multiple requests at any one time. You will display auditable levels of control in your decision making and delivery ensuring full traceability of outputs.
You will remain positive and focused displaying high levels of personal resilience at all times ensuring delivery to tight timescales and deadlines prioritising tasks from multiple streams.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.