Lead Engineer - AAP Infrastructure
Lead Engineer - AAP Infrastructure
- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801456
- Closing Date: 04 October 2019
• Lead Engineer – Automation and Efficiency
• Competitive salary
Are you someone who understands what makes Data Science and Data Scientists tick? We are looking for a Lead Engineer to build highly collaborative relationships with our data science community
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have significant experience of working within a DevOps environment utilising a range of commercial and open source tools to deliver services and data into a Data Science Community
Demonstrated ability to work creatively and innovatively to develop services and products valued by the Data Science communities using your own initiative and entrepreneurial flair.
• Have a background in data engineering or operational support, again within a data domain
• Be experienced in driving both innovation and automation.
• Have a good understanding and experience with the Hadoop big data appliance and a broad range of associated technologies, such as Python, R, Spark, HIVE, Scala, Jupyter and other Data Science tools.
• Be a dynamic leader with a deep technical understanding as you will be required to set up and lead a team of engineers alongside setting strategy
• Have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
What you'll be doing
This is an opportunity to build a new technical team in a brand new site for the world’s biggest building society. As such, we are looking for someone who will own the Data Science value chain end to end and supply our Data Scientists with new and exciting data services they even know they need it.
With full support from the Chief Data Officer, you will take a greenfield site and build a radical and innovative DevOps team and capability to transform our use of data within in the Society. As the Lead Engineer you will provide technical direction and design authority to our highly motivated engineers driving efficient code management, test automation and deployment velocity onto both the Hadoop data lake, Teradata enterprise warehouse and other advanced on-prem and off-prem analytics environments.
Working with genuinely talented people where profit is not only measure of success, this is an opportunity to be at the cutting edge of analytics process and integration
Help build a vision and work with senior stakeholders to support our Data Scientists through discovery and into production operation
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.