Engineer 3 (E3)
Engineer 3 (E3)
- Location: UK Wide, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801462
- Closing Date: 22 September 2019
- E3 Network Security Infrastructure Engineers
- Choice of location, at one of our Admin offices in Swindon, Northampton or Bournemouth
- Salary from £50,840 to £73,436
- Permanent, full time position
You will join our Infrastructure Engineering team, which provides design, build and non-production support services for the IT transformation delivery teams. You will provide strong technical leadership, enabling technical decisions to be made with confidence and at pace. Nationwide is undergoing a major network transformation journey, involving leading edge technologies such as SD-WAN and ACI/SDN data networking, to enable and underpin our business and IT strategy.
The Hiring Manager for this role is Gary Hage and Mark Hoskin. The Resourcing Consultant is Jordan Warren.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll:
- Have a proven track record in providing technical leadership through the design, build and implementation of complex Network infrastructure solutions
- Have in depth knowledge & experience of Prevent, Protect, Cyber, plus network protocols and methodologies such as SSL, VPN, Load Balancing, DNS, Traffic Flow Mapping
- Be comfortable working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team
- Be ready to share your expertise with our emerging talent
- Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
- Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Certified design professional accreditations such as CCDP or equivalent
- Practical experience in Data Centre technologies such as Cisco, F5, Intel Security
- LAN, WAN, Wireless
- Agile project management methodologies
- Regulatory environments such as PCI and GDPR
- Working with 3rd parties / Suppliers
What you'll be doing
Working with other Infrastructure Engineers in our delivery squads, you will be:
- Providing technical leadership at all stages of the delivery lifecycle, including consultancy to stakeholders
- Identifying and implementing technically complex designs and/or environment solutions to meet the team objectives
- Organising the work of the Infrastructure Engineering team, relying on technical knowledge to create efficiencies and give appropriate direction
- Capturing and sharing knowledge and ensuring use of documentation within engineering teams
- Driving decisions and removing blockers to drive forward implementation of technical artefacts
- Acting as a point of escalation, working with and influencing senior stakeholders to remove barriers
- Work with stakeholder/peers to understand how the technical infrastructure deliverables interlock with activities within and outside of the team and where required negotiate solutions to align with engineering principles and architectural strategy
In addition, you will:
- Contribute to the creation and ongoing maintenance of engineering principles, patterns and standards to reflect best practice and effective use within the organisation
- Build a network including external relationships with other engineers/SMEs to understand best practice and emerging trends within engineering
- Act as an Engineering advocate across Nationwide, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing experiences, e.g.: through blog posts, tech talks at technical forums, knowledge share, etc.
- Develop capability of infrastructure engineering team by supporting recruitment and pipeline talent development, through coaching and mentoring
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.