Lead Data Management Consultant
Lead Data Management Consultant
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801473
- Closing Date: 23 September 2019
Lead Data Management Specialist based at our Swindon Head Office
Salary: £42,370 - £61,201 on a permanent 35-hour week contract
Send in your application by 23rd September 2019
Who we're looking for
If you’ve a background of working in data governance projects, then this role may be for you! You’ll join the Data Governance Team within our growing Data & Analytics community, working on Information Management/IT projects, Change Programmes and small change initiatives.
• You’ll support with driving the Data Management strategy, to shape and manage data governance engagements & manage local resourcing
• With your continuous improvement mindset, you’ll help to shape Nationwide’s data change and risk management frameworks
• You’ll bring a consultancy approach in the areas of metadata management and strategic data insight
• In addition, you’ll develop, coach and mentor our team members, encouraging accountable freedom to be at their best in their roles
What you'll be doing
As a minimum you’ll have:
• Strong knowledge of end-to-end data lifecycle management and associated capabilities
• Proven expertise in data management and IM Projects, with sound knowledge and experience of other aspects of data, including and in addition to, gaining buy-in for data governance from senior stakeholders, championing data stewardship within the business and embedding data governance into their BAU activities
• Experience of delivering initiatives alongside senior business leaders to protect business data, increase its maturity and realise greater value from it
• Experience of identifying requirements associated with effective data management technologies including master and reference data, data quality, lineage & metadata
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Be highly influential and have the ability to deliver highly-effective subject matter expertise regarding Data Governance services, capabilities, tools and processes to our internal and external stakeholders, and senior-level community leaders
• Knowledge of the IM lifecycle including documenting requirements, data management, integration, storage & modelling, reporting and analytic tools and overall solutioning would be great too
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.