Business Support Consultant
Business Support Consultant
- Location: Optimus, South West England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801474
- Closing Date: 17 September 2019
• A Forecasting Business Support Consultant in our Optimus Swindon Office
• Salary starting from £30,506 depending on skills and experience
• Permanent Full-time position
Product Operations is responsible for the successful running of the Banking, Savings and Mortgages Operations for Nationwide. An exciting opportunity has become available within the Capacity Planning & Performance team. Working as part of an energetic and progressive team you will ensure that Product Operations is always correctly resourced to meet anticipated demand, assisting the division in their commitment to provide an effective, efficient and world class service to our members.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have excellent and adaptive communication skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
• Have an analytical mindset with a keen eye for detail and the ability to present findings in a compelling way
• Aptitude to acquire and develop a unique skillset in forecasting
• Have a working knowledge of MS Excel, prior experience of forecasting methodologies an advantage
• A team player with a strong proactive work ethic
What you'll be doing
You will become part of a centre of excellence, managing the design and delivery of forecasting and planning models for a Division of c. 1,200 people. On a day to day basis you will be liaising with the operational departments, change practice, finance and the product areas to provide accurate capacity and volume forecasting. Identifying the resource and costs for the division, posing innovative ideas and dealing confidently with a variety of personalities you will be key to the success of Product Operations.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. Now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors, but we need the people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to continue our success.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.