Data & Systems Manager, Third Party Risk
Data & Systems Manager, Third Party Risk
- Location: UK Wide, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801477
- Closing Date: 25 September 2019
• A Data & Systems Development Manager in Third Party Risk based in Swindon or London
• Competitive Salary, Company Car allowance, Bonus and Benefits
• Send in your application by 25th September 2019
Nationwide was built upon a social purpose and 135 years on, we’re continuing to help build society. We have a responsibility with the business and suppliers to ensure Nationwide builds a sustainable, secure and resilient Supply Chain, maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data & Systems Development Manager to join the Third Party Risk team within Supply Chain Management. This is a completely new role in the team as Nationwide strives to be the best it can be in driving for integrated supply chain risk management information across the whole organisation.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to enter a role that is of high strategic importance to Nationwide bringing their knowledge of best practice and a creative mind-set to explore, assess, and ultimately implement innovative ideas arising internally and from the Supply Chain.
Who we're looking for
• In-depth knowledge of designing and building practical, enterprise risk data models.
• Experience of implementing systems solutions to integrate diverse data sources across an organisation.
• Exemplary stakeholder engagement and management skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships and effective partnerships with external stakeholders – partnering with the Third Party Management team and wider organisation to ensure we build a total Third Party Supplier view for Nationwide
• Creative thinker with drive, passion and an entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to develop a solution from idea to implementation
• Exemplary presentation and communication skills with the ability to educate, motivate and inspire others
• Effective communicator and leader, able to balance sustainability requirements with commercial realities
• Ability to plan and prioritise effectively and to manage and deliver a demanding workload
It would also be nice if you had:
• A degree, professional qualification or experience of an equivalent nature
• Financial Services experience
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you’ll be accountable for:
• Develop and driving a step change in the data and systems landscape for supplier risk management across the organisations
• Define data requirements and data universe, identify, create and build appropriate data events tables to support analysis.
• Experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Risk management.
• Apply data models to automate the underlying processes to deliver robust, mature third party risk through digitisation and automation.
• Define and deliver training required across SCM and the wider business
• Provide expert advice into the business on third party risk management solutions
• Provide strategic leadership – challenge current working practise and drive innovation and make a full, positive and proactive contribution to the leadership team
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s a company car allowance, life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.