- Location: UK Wide, Countrywide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801478
- Closing Date: 18 September 2019
- Procurement Specialists
- Flexible location with travel to Swindon as required
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201 per year (dependent on current salary and benefits)
- Send in your application by 18th September 2019
Our Procurement function has gone through significant and successful transformation supported by a CIPS Standard Award in record time. The operating model for Nationwide Procurement combines category alignment with business partnering to create teams focussed on the delivery of business and customer outcomes. We are embracing agile ways of working and contracting to help Nationwide to generate new markets and income streams. You’ll also be able to demonstrate your passion for Procurement and the value you can bring to Nationwide and how you have delivered tangible business benefit, using procurement expertise to influence and engage with a wide range of business stakeholders and suppliers.
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist with procurement experience, to deliver greater cost efficiency and deliver sustainable value through an effective and engaged supply base. Already a Procurement professional, you’ll be looking for your next pivotal role. You will understand the importance of relationships, moving at pace, emerging markets and technology impacting us and you will want to make a difference with new thinking, whilst respecting we still have process and policies to follow.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have established Procurement & supply chain skills and experience in medium complexity sourcing
• Be working towards CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement & Supply
• Have knowledge of, and experience in either Technology Procurement (could be software, cloud/digital, infrastructure and or networks) or Professional Services/Consultancy Procurement (ideally including some experience in large scale system integrator contracts)
• Have effective communications and relationship building skills
• Possess the ability to analyse data and complex inputs to support sound business decisions
• Have a working knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to category
It would be nice if you have:
• Experience within a Financial Services organisation
What you'll be doing
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Deliver procurement & supply chain strategies for your specific spend category and business area
• Develop and deliver value for your designated category and associated suppliers through delivery against account plans, development plans and governance frameworks
• Own and Manage the commercial risk with suppliers within your spend category, taking action to mitigate risk within defined risk appetite
• Negotiate, draft and manage medium complexity contracts with suppliers within your spend category and/or contribute to more complex deals working alongside Senior Procurement Managers
• Deliver specific procurement and supply chain projects in collaboration with individual NBS communities
• Comply with all NBS policies and deliver against statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations
• Develop and manage proactive stakeholder relationships blending procurement & supply chain strategies with business strategies to enable Nationwide to achieve the right outcomes for our Members.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. To be able to deliver we need continuously modernise our technology and ways of working, supported by an agreed investment of £4.2B. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.