Consultant, Third Party Risk
Consultant, Third Party Risk
- Location: Swindon, London, UK Wide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801479
- Closing Date: 25 September 2019
• Consultant, Third Party Risk based in Swindon or London
• Competitive Salary and Benefits
• Send in your application by 25th September 2019
Nationwide was built upon a social purpose and 135 years on, we’re continuing to help build society. We have a responsibility with the business and suppliers to ensure Nationwide builds a sustainable, secure and resilient Supply Chain, maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Consultant, Third Party Risk within Supply Chain Management. To help the business to source and manage third-parties within risk appetite, through the ownership and development of aspects of the third party risk management framework, and the provision of aggregated reporting of 3rd Party risks and control environment.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to enter a role that is of high strategic importance to Nationwide bringing their knowledge of best practice and a creative mind-set to explore, assess, and ultimately implement innovative ideas arising internally and from the Supply Chain.
Who we're looking for
• Supply chain (third party) risk manager with experience in large organisation with a global supply chain
• Knowledge of the outsourcing regulatory environment and the standard controls frameworks for sourcing and supplier management
• Exemplary stakeholder engagement and management skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships and effective partnerships with external stakeholders
• Creative thinker with drive, passion and an entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to develop a solution from idea to implementation
• Exemplary presentation and communication skills with the ability to educate, motivate and inspire other
• Effective communicator and leader, able to balance sustainability requirements with commercial realities
• Ability to plan and prioritise effectively and to manage and deliver a demanding workload
It would also be nice if you had:
• A degree, professional qualification or experience of an equivalent nature
• Financial Services sector experience
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you’ll be accountable for:
• Own and develop components of the third party risk management framework, to ensure it is fit for purpose, operating effectively and developed in line with regulatory change and best practice
• Provide expert advice into the business on third party risk management solutions
• Identify areas for improvement through awareness & training across the business
• Undertake analysis of the risk data and identify key areas of risk and themes across the supply base
• Write Risk Reports and validate the content with key stakeholders
• Deliver and facilitate training required across SCM and the wider business
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.