- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801482
- Closing Date: 25 September 2019
• An IT Operations Transition Consultant based at our Head Office in Swindon.
• Send in your application by 25th September 2019
This is a great opportunity to join the IT Operations Transition team as a Transition Consultant.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to:
• Have experience of production in an IT Operational environment
• Possess excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to build working relationships, influence and negotiate with people at different levels within an organisation
• Have experience working with a multi-disciplined team of technical experts onshore and offshore
• Be able to translate technical detail into business language and vice versa
• Have prior experience of working alongside 3rd party suppliers and/or strategic partners
• Hold an understanding of application development and how applications integrate across the IT landscape
• Possess sound knowledge of relevant current and future technologies
• Experienced in assisting or managing the transition of project and small changes into production
• Hands on experience of inputting or designing and implementing support plans for new or upgraded system/application changes
• Be someone who thinks ahead and has the ability to plan for system changes and transformations
What you'll be doing
As an IT Operations Transition Consultant, you’ll be responsible for the transition of new solutions and technologies into the production environment.
You’ll be expected to meet application services requirements, ensuring that the service delivered is cost effective, in line with agreed service levels and maintains the integrity of the application support portfolio.
Main role responsibilities:
• Working with your Transition Lead and strategic partner(s), plan and lead your own service transition activities to ensure the successful go live of new application services
• Responsible for managing availability and performance of the application services through warranty
• Establish and maintain relationships with relevant parties, monitoring business satisfaction
• Accountable for application knowledge management and transfer, managing resource supply and demand
• Inputting into system budgets, reducing costs where possible and ensuring that future costs are identified in line with request by the finance team
• Reviewing and inputting into the application portfolio and roadmap including functional scope, technical scope, new applications and decommissioned applications
• Drive continuous improvement, delivering initiatives to improve performance, processes and controls to support applications
• Assist and input into the planning and management of systems maintenance and enhancements
• Work with other IT Operations functions to manage the controls through the life-cycle of incidents, problems and change implementation. Work with internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers, to monitor incident resolution
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.