Architect - Systems Management & Tooling
Architect - Systems Management & Tooling
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801485
- Closing Date: 26 September 2019
We need a:
• Architect, focusing on Systems Management and Tooling (IT4IT)
• Based at our head offices in Swindon.
• Competitive salary based on a 35 hours per week contract.
Nationwide is dedicated to delivering change that is cost-effective, future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives. The evolving technology landscape and pace of change continues to drive more emphasize onto the solutions that underpin the delivery and running of services.
The role will be focused on delivering the architecture that underpins DevOps, enabling the delivery of IT for IT tooling and practices. You will be responsible for architecting comprehensive and efficient solutions that facilitate the delivery and running of software solutions.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a credible individual who is armed with widespread experience of solution architecture. You’ll have used architecture frameworks and methods (such as TOGAF) to successfully deliver change as a solution architect.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience architecting and delivering solutions that enable:
• ITSM, Monitoring, Management, Remediation, AIOps
• Zero-touch deployments, including catalogues, orchestration and Infrastructure as Code.
• CI/CD solution pipelines and developer centric tooling
• Good understanding and implementation experience of the IT4IT framework
• Good understanding of cloud-native thinking for tooling architecture
• Analytical and technical ability with a robust grasp of architectural thinking and governance
• A wide exposure to and experience of architecting and delivering large-scale technical solutions across multiple platforms
• The ability to deliver technical solutions that support the IT strategic direction and needs of the business.
• An understanding or the ability to quickly gain an understanding of our core systems and strategic direction
• Experience in creating and managing complex, well-engineered documentation materials appropriate to the audience and situation that enable timely and informed decision making
• Personal drive to understand the bigger picture and contribute to and shape the realisation of our IT strategy.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Some exposure to cloud services on AWS and/or Azure
• Experience/understanding of tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform
• Experience working in the financial services industry
What you'll be doing
Working within our Architecture Domain, you’ll be accountable for defining the Architecture Solution Outline for major programmes and projects within a variety of portfolios dependent on demand.
You will act as a design authority to ensure the delivered solution is consistent with the approved architecture vision for the programme. Armed with up to date industry knowledge you’ll manage the resolution of Architecture risks and issues, dependencies and impacts to minimise risk, whilst offering continual enhancement to existing processes.
You will support the service owners to define, manage and deliver the systems management architecture roadmap and implementation plan based on the IT Strategy and in line with business requirements. And will produce the architecture standards and principles to ensure consistency with strategies and designs developed across the architecture and design teams.
Specifically, you will be required to:
• Work closely with other Architects within the Business such as Business, Security and Infrastructure Architects to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for the Solution Architecture
• Lead E2E Architecture on a variety of projects on behalf of the Architecture function
• Ensure solution integrity throughout the change lifecycle (as per the defined Change Framework) on projects and programmes.
• Act as a design authority to ensure that all solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and meet the current and future needs of the business
• Provide specialist consultancy and advice on complex tasks, business functions and delivery solutions
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.