Senior BI Analyst
Senior BI Analyst
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002801486
- Closing Date: 17 October 2019
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in Data & Analytics, Service Delivery & Analysis Team
- Salary: £30,506-£44,065 per annum on a 35 hours week contract
- Send in your application 17th October 2019
- This is for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
It’s a very exciting time to be part of Data & Analytics, as we deliver an exciting and ambitious strategy, that will see us transform this important topic in our Society over the coming years. The team will connect people with the information they need, when they need it and through the right medium, whether that be a critical report or the ability to self-serve, we have a crucial role in ensuring successful delivery of Nationwide’s D&A Strategy.
The BI Reporting Service Delivery Team are responsible for producing regular, repeatable reporting and supporting the administration of a broad range of business intelligence tools within the BI, Visualisation & Reporting (BIRV) Team as part of our Data and Analytics Community. The team has a wide range of internal customers from across the Society, whose decisions depend on the data we provide to them.
Who we're looking for
A key member of the BI Reporting Service Delivery Team, you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the day to day production of reporting for various business areas.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have a working knowledge of SAS (Base or Enterprise Guide)
- Experience working in a fast paced, operational and customer focused environment, delivering to deadlines
- An understanding of operational reporting
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, flexible and self-motivated with a "can do" approach
- High attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Expert Excel/VBA skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of using one or more of these Business Intelligence Tools:
- SQL/ Access
- MS Business Objects
What you'll be doing
Working in an operational team environment, you will be accountable for supporting the production and delivery of regular, repeatable reporting outputs to a range of business areas, as well as responding to ad-hoc queries and requests in a timely manner.
You will be expected to provide technical support as well as contribute to the implementation of process and operational service improvements, ensuring operational effectiveness is maintained. You’ll need to cultivate strong working relationships with numerous teams within the business area and wider business.
You will provide challenge and support where appropriate, always looking to automate or simplify reporting or processes, reducing the reliance on manual activities and EUCs.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.