- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £23,574 - £34,051
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801530
- Closing Date: 16 October 2019
• A Monitoring Analyst , to work with our Shift Teams (24/7), in our Head offices in Swindon
• Salary £23,574 - £34,057 a year (depending on current salary and banding), plus shift allowance.
• Working pattern: Shift - 3 days on/3 days off/3 nights on/3 days off (7:20 am – 7:30 pm & 7:20 pm – 7:30 am). Shifts cover 364 days of the year.
Who we're looking for
As a Monitoring Analyst, you will need to be comfortable working in a highly pressured environment, have an eye for detail and be able to communicate complex information to your peer group and colleagues up to senior management level. More importantly, you’ll be someone who’s looking for a career in IT.
As a minimum requirement you'll:
• Have excellent attention to detail and be able manage your tasks and prioritise effectively.
• Be able to interpret technical language and have an aptitude to learn and operate multiple monitoring applications and tools.
• Be a team player with the ability to build strong working relationships.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Previous experience in a 24x7 IT operational environment, or a good knowledge of Nationwide’s IT systems, services and data processing cycles would be advantageous, but is not essential.
What you'll be doing
As a Monitoring Analyst, you’ll be monitoring Nationwide’s IT Services and system components, applications and data processing events using specialised ECC monitoring tools. You will interpret, resolve or escalate events to minimise impact to critical business and customer facing IT services, such as our Internet Bank and Payment services.
You will contribute to management reports on the availability and performance of various IT systems and services; and as you gain experience, you will perform technical workarounds to maintain service and implement planned changes to Nationwide’s IT estate.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.