Data Privacy Consultant
Data Privacy Consultant
- Location: Swindon, Northampton, England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002801533
- Closing Date: 16 October 2019
• Data Privacy Consultant; in our Head Office Swindon or Admin Centre in Northampton
• Closing date 16th October 2019
We are currently seeking a motivated professional to join our Data Privacy team to support and provide pragmatic guidance and advice to the business on compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018, and the Privacy and Communications Regulation (PECR) 2003. Meeting the requirements of data privacy laws and the expectations of our members to protect their information is a key priority at Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
This is a great opportunity to widen your experience of and exposure to all levels of the business within the organisation, working to make sure compliance with the Data Protection Act is maintained
As a minimum you’ll
• be currently working or previously worked as a Data Protection Practitioner
• have a good working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003
• have excellent written, verbal and influencing skills
• be motivated and passionate about your subjec
• have the ability to meet challenging deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
It would be nice if you had
• significant experience of working within a Data Privacy function
• a recognised Data Privacy qualification
• line management experience
• previous experience in financial services
What you'll be doing
You will be leading a small team of subject matter experts providing guidance and support.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to;
• Providing direction, advice and guidance across the business, and to third parties
• Deputising for the Data Privacy Manager as required
• Engaging with key stakeholders, including senior management, across the organisation
• Completing and reviewing Data Privacy Impact Assessments
• Reviewing ICO Guidance and identifying appropriate changes
• Delivering training and awareness
• Supporting delivery of the General Data Protection Regulation within Nationwide
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.