Senior Network Security Engineer
Senior Network Security Engineer
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801535
- Closing Date: 18 October 2019
• We are looking for an Infrastructure Specialist Support Lead in our head offices in Swindon.
• Send in your application by 18/10/2019
We are looking for highly experienced engineers with solid networking background to work within an expanding team, which is supporting our business by delivering innovative networking and security solutions.
Although based in Swindon this role you are able to work 2-3 days from home each week and with a 35 hour standard working week this role gives you the flexibility to have that work/life balance.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have an engineering or computing degree – or comparable experience
• CCNP or CCNA in Routing and Switching or Security
• Python scripting experience
• Subject matter expert in Campus, Wireless, Datacentre or ACI Networking
• Be an approachable team member with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had implementation, design and support experience of:
• Cisco IOS, IOS XE and IOS XR
• Private MPLS
• BGP and OSPF
• Cisco FTD/FMC, Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA
• Cisco ACI/SDA
• F5 LTM, GTM/DNS, ASM
• Cisco APIC
• Cisco Meraki
• Microfocus/HPE Openview NOM Suite (NNMi, NA, BVD)
• Cloud Hosting (AWS, Azure)
• Skybox, Cisco Stealthwatch, Splunk, Thousandeyes, Ansible
• Cisco ISE and NAC
• InfoBlox DNS and IPAM
What you'll be doing
You will be working within our network teams providing hands on support and mentoring. Your goal is to prevent incidents occurring, but when the worst happens, restore service in the most pragmatic and efficient way. As well as excellent technical skills you may be required to line manage and coach staff.
You will be working in a highly skilled team, complemented by outsourced resources. Governance is an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable to both perform reviews and being audited yourself.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.