Senior Engineer (E3)
Senior Engineer (E3)
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801540
- Closing Date: 04 November 2019
Senior Software Engineer – Digital Originations (E3)
- Based at our Head Office in Swindon. Just an hour from London by train, with generous relocation package available
- Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
- Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
We are building on our current Originations and Every Day Banking systems propositions with a set of modern technologies, so this is an exciting opportunity to work with a team at its inception. You’ll be at the frontline, designing and developing systems used by millions every day, and sold to millions every day, via tv, billboards and online.
Who we're looking for
If you have some of the following skills, we’re keen to hear from you.
- Understanding of the Originations lifecycle
- Extensive commercial IT experience with a strong understanding of programming concepts, preferably with a programming background in one of the following, C#/.Net, NodeJS, , Sencha, React
- Technical expertise in the design, build and test of code including writing automated test suites
- Technical leadership and consultancy to senior stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including status reporting;
- Drive to continuously innovate and improve.
- Strong understanding of the development lifecycle and experience of working under waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- DevOps tooling (such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Selenium, Veracode, JMeter etc.) would be very desirable. Experience of the following areas are beneficial. If you don’t have experience in these areas, they are technologies in which you will be able to develop your skills.
- API Gateways such as Apigee
- NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra/MongoDB and GraphDB
- Relational databases such as SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience of event-based architectures using technology such as Apache Kafka
- Experience in designing and developing API-driven and microservices-based architectures
What you'll be doing
Day-to-day you’ll be exploiting your experience of delivering first-class solutions in an Agile environment. You’ll be involved in mentoring where needed and help to build our development process and strategies. You’ll drive continuous improvements and promote best practice in your team through your actions and behaviours. You will need drive to become an SME within the technologies and applications you are responsible for and own the relationship with those business areas. With the understanding of the end-to-end process from a technical perspective, you will work closely with the Technology Lead, helping to deliver solutions that meet their requirements.
We want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships, so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
The extras you'll get
We aim to give our people a good work-life balance and understand that flexible working and getting your schedule in advance helps you to organise your life.
We also offer:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And as the world’s largest building society, communities are at the heart of everything we do.
Doing the right thing for our members helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.