- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801542
- Closing Date: 18 October 2019
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society, one of the largest savings providers and one of the top three mortgage providers in the UK. At Nationwide our values are underpinned by the need to put our customers first. This is a driving force in every area of our business, making it an essential requirement if you’d like to work for us.
Security is critical to everything we do: ensuring our members, their data and money are secure. Operating within our security department you will be working in a fast paced and challenging environment alongside a large team of professionals who are fully committed to managing constantly evolving security risks.
Who we're looking for
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated individual experienced in assessing the effectiveness of security controls. The person must be able to demonstrate a good working understanding of security risks across the supply chain.
With strong stakeholder management and influencing skills up to senior management level, the successful applicant will also be able to demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills working across several business areas including legal, procurement and the wider security team.
As a minimum requirement you will have:
• A good understanding of the procurement process and supplier lifecycle
• Proven ability to negotiate successful security outcomes in supplier contracts
• Experience of assessing supplier’s security posture based on desk top analysis and questioning
• The skills to support business areas to work with their suppliers to monitor and maintain ongoing effective security controls
• A strong ability to break down often complex security matters and relay them back in a simple, easy to understand, jargon free manner
It would also be desirable to have one or more of the following:
• Ideally a relevant security qualification, such as CISSP; CISMP; CCSP; Network / Security +; PCI DSS ISA
• Experience within a Financial Services company or related industry
• Understanding of Cloud; GDPR; e-Privacy risks
What you'll be doing
Working within our Third Party Onboarding team, you will be responsible for ensuring third party suppliers operate robust security controls and can contractually comply with relevant legal, regulatory and scheme requirements.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.