Infrastructure Service Lead
Infrastructure Service Lead
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801543
- Closing Date: 22 October 2019
At Nationwide we are in the process of implementing Microsoft teams and you will be the expert in this field helping to identify, plan and implement the system and deal with any issues as and when they arise.
We can offer you the opportunity work alongside others who excel in other fields so you will be able to broaden your skills and be able to help those improve their skills using your expertise.
Although based in Swindon we actively promote a good work/life balance. This involves the ability to work from home whenever needed.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Infrastructure Service Lead to work with key skills and capabilities below:
Communication and working relationships: Excellent appropriate communication skills – written, verbal and presentational up to and including Divisional Director
• Influencing people (up to L4 and including 3rd party suppliers) concerning business cases of platform and technology roadmaps and recommendations.
• Resolve conflict between nationwide and 3rd party suppliers on near to mid-term issues
• Represent Nationwide on a technical level and apply that knowledge to mediate 3rd party suppliers to resolve technical problems.
• Internal IT Community (technical)
o L2 Support Teams
o Monitoring Team
o Group Security
o Infrastructure Development
o IT DR
o Development Centres
• IT Service Management (control) to participate in ITIL Processes:
o Incident Management
o Capacity/ Availability Management
o Knowledge Management
o Problem Management
o Change Management
o Release Management
o Configuration Management
• Internal users of IT (business) – working with the business to resolve incidents and issues using appropriate language.
• Partners and third party suppliers – Working with people from within and outside the team to recommend contractual changes for the 3rd party supplier(s) they work with.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience, knowledge or anything else that’s not a minimum requirement.
Qualifications, Experience, and Knowledge:
• Experience of managing stakeholders up to director level; including knowledge of influencing approaches, and techniques.
• Commercial awareness of the service and the impact their platform / technology has across the business.
• An IT professional with significant experience in a 2nd line IT support role.
• Have considerable experience in leading and managing a technical team, and the mentoring and training of technical staff.
• Have a significant and in-depth understanding of how the end to end technology they support provides the business service and the impact it has on these services; as well as an in-depth understanding of its interaction with and across other technologies.
• Have a significant and in-depth knowledge in multiple business services (e.g. Treasury, Internet Bank, Core Bank)
• Have a significant and in-depth knowledge in multiple technologies (e.g. DB2, Windows, HPNS)
• The ability to manage activities and changes across the wider team/ department as a result of changes in the wider organisation and corporate frameworks by consulting with other teams in the department continually and collaboratively.
• Bachelor's degree in a computing or business related discipline or equivalent industry experience
• ITIL Foundation qualification or equivalent required.
• Likely to hold technical certification in relevant technical discipline.
Have the rigor, ability and discipline to self-learn that is required for continual professional development and stay abreast of changes in the industry.
What you'll be doing
Act as the service SME and be responsible for leading the development, evolution and roadmap management of support services across a range of technologies by working and collaborating with other technology area SMEs. Responsible to maintain a consistent view across multiple technologies and services to ensure that technologies and services are running optimally and maximising synergy and efficiency across the technology landscape.
• Interpret the GOSA strategy and define this into and own the technical roadmaps
• Technical sign off for project designs, including the assurance of the delivered solution’s sustainability, and that sufficient knowledge transfer takes place before acceptance into service.
• Technical escalation point for incidents including out of hours if required.
• Ensuring platform support is within risk appetite.
• Ensuring SLA/KPIs are met for their team / technical area.
• Ensuring engagement with suppliers.
• Optimising the platform performance and stability.
• Ensuring the security compliance of the platform.
• Provides line management for their direct and indirect reports including developing technical skills of less experienced members of their technical area.
• Deputising for role as appropriate in their absence
• Act as the point of escalation for both in and out of hours for major incidents providing the overview and coordination across infrastructure if applicable
• Be able to make sound technical judgement to escalate high complexity and high business impact issues/ incident making recommendations when required including bringing in suppliers for instance, this is especially important during an on-call/ overnight incident.
• Coordination of technical resolution team to fix service impacting incident across multiple technologies
• Responsible for identifying appropriate 3rd party technical resource; and escalating through to ECC Level 3s if additional higher level 3rd party support is required.
• Resolve highly complex issues/ problems that are less clearly defined by working with other technical teams across the department to ensure that the wider issue is well understood and resolved coherently.
• Be able to make sound recommendations and provide options to find a solution across the wider infrastructure landscape, teams and technologies.
• Problem solving is based on long term operational risk evaluation against platform and technology roadmaps and capacity forecast.
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
• 24 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday.
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Life Assurance worth 8x your salary
• Training to help you progress and develop your skills and career aspirations
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide