Technical Service Manager - Transition
Technical Service Manager - Transition
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801548
- Closing Date: 22 October 2019
- An End User Services Platform Manager – Transition in our Head Office
The End User Services landscape is evolving with several new and exciting capabilities being delivered over the next two years. This new role will be accountable for the smooth introduction of new capabilities for our colleagues, ensuring that all services are delivered in a cost-effective manner and maintain the integrity of the estate.
The role will work across the EUS transformation pipeline ensuring the seamless and effective delivery of new capabilities. We are passionate about improving the quality of IT services available to our colleagues, so it is critical we help projects to land on time, with minimal functional defects and with the correct support in place. The successful candidate will need to have good knowledge of current desktop technologies, as well as have experience working within a complex multi-partner landscape.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you will need:
- strong stakeholder management and engagement skills, effective at all levels
- a broad knowledge of Desktop technologies
- extensive IT service delivery experience in an ITIL environment
- ITIL Foundation as a minimum
- proven experience of managing performance and driving improvements in an IT management
- experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers and Strategic Partners
- leadership and management skills appropriate for a complex technical area
It would be nice if you also had:
- a recognised project management qualification(s)
What you'll be doing
You’ll lead the Transition function within End User Services, accountable for the smooth introduction of new projects into service, ensuring that the service delivered is cost effective and maintains the integrity of the existing portfolio.
You’ll manage the capability, delivering services with engagement from across End User Services and our strategic partners. This role will therefore depend on you maintaining supplier relationships and performance, optimising costs, driving continuous service improvement and protecting service.
- Responsible for leading the Transition function
• Plan and lead service transition activities to ensure the successful go live of new services
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate support provisions are defined through warranty.
• Establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders across Nationwide, monitoring business satisfaction
• Drive continuous improvement, delivering initiatives to improve performance
• Responsible for the effectiveness of controls within the team to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory frameworks
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.