Senior Engineer (E3)
Senior Engineer (E3)
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801555
- Closing Date: 06 November 2019
Senior Software Engineer – Digital Portfolio
• Based at our Head Office in Swindon. Just an hour from London by train, with generous relocation package available
• Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
• Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
We are building on our current Digital Portfolio with a set of modern technologies, delivering additional 2 factor authentication, better digital experiences for online transactions and very importantly, Open Banking; so this is an exciting opportunity to work with a team at its inception. You’ll be at the frontline, designing and developing systems used by millions every day, and sold to millions every day, via tv, billboards and online.
Who we're looking for
If you have some of the following skills, we’re keen to hear from you.
• Extensive commercial IT experience with a strong understanding of programming concepts, preferably with a programming background in one of the following, C#/.Net, NodeJS, VB.net
• Technical expertise in the design, build and test of code including writing automated test suites
• Technical leadership and consultancy to senior stakeholders
• Demonstratable experience of task managing a team of up to 10 engineers
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including status reporting
• Drive to continuously innovate and improve.
• Strong understanding of the development lifecycle and experience of working using Agile development methodologies
• DevOps tooling (such as Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory, Selenium, Veracode, JMeter etc.) would be very desirable. Experience of the following areas are beneficial. If you don’t have experience in these areas, they are technologies in which you will be able to develop your skills.
• Developing web scale cloud-based solutions preferably in AWS but experience in Azure or Google Cloud is great too.
• API Gateways such as Apigee
• NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra/MongoDB and GraphDB
• Relational databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
• Experience of event-based architectures using technology such as Apache Kafka
• Web application development of complex, highly available systems such as Internet bank, Mobile Banking etc.
• Native mobile app development (beneficial, but not essential)
• Microservices using .NET Core, NodeJS or Golang.
• Developing with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes or OpenShift.
• Experience in designing and developing API-driven and microservices-based architectures
What you'll be doing
Day-to-day you’ll be exploiting your experience of delivering first-class solutions in an Agile environment. You’ll be involved in mentoring where needed and help to build our development process and strategies. You’ll drive continuous improvements and promote best practice in your team through your actions and behaviours. With end-to-end ownership, development and deployment you’ll be given a platform to lead by example.
We want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships, so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
The extras you'll get
We aim to give our people a good work-life balance and understand that flexible working and getting your schedule in advance helps you to organise your life. We also offer:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.