Business Intelligence Specialist
Business Intelligence Specialist
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801566
- Closing Date: 25 October 2019
Business Intelligence Specialist in Data & Analytics Analysis Services Team
Send in your application by 25th October 2019
The Analysis Services team within our Business Intelligence, Visualisation and Reporting function is growing. The data and insights provided by the team are invaluable, not only to our financial and product management teams but to colleagues right across the business. The team is committed to satisfying the business demand to understand more about our customers, the markets we operate in and how analysis and insight can support our corporate strategy and agenda.
Who we're looking for
You will have experience within a SAS analysis environment, experience in financial services or retail preferred but not essential.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have significant experience of using Base SAS or Enterprise Guide
- Proficient in the use of Macros and SQL
- Be innovative, logical and have an agile mindset. You’ll strive to develop and champion new ideas, spotting new opportunities, and learning fast along the way
- Have excellent communication skills and enjoy building relationships across all levels
What you'll be doing
Your focus will be to produce high quality insight and analysis to Financial Performance, our product areas and the wider business. You’ll work with our internal customers to understand their analysis requirements and use SAS to develop solutions which drive the strategy of the business. You’ll gain an understanding of the profitability dynamics and behaviours displayed within our products and customer base.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.