- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002801569
- Closing Date: 31 January 2020
An IT Configuration Analyst to join the IT Service Configuration Management team for a 12-month secondment at our Head Office in Swindon.
Service Configuration Management is part of the IT Service Management and Control team.
The team creates and manages Service Models – Information about the various components that make up our IT Estate. This data helps to provide a sound understanding of Nationwide’s complex technology and IT Service landscape.
This information is stored within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and is used by many of the other IT Functions. In particular, it is used by Change Management and Incident Management for impact assessments, helping to ensure that we make sound business decisions.
Who we're looking for
• Have a general understanding of IT infrastructure and Applications
• Have experience of maintaining and governing complex data
• Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• Be highly proactive and motivated with a keen eye for detail
• Can work at pace to a consistently high standard
It would be nice if you:
• Have knowledge of Configuration Management and other ITIL practices
• Have a broad and in-depth understanding of IT systems and services
• Can demonstrate knowledge of core business systems and business processes
• Have used ServiceNow
What you'll be doing
As a member of the IT Service Configuration Management team you will:
• Assist in the day to day delivery of the Configuration Management process
• Work with projects and support areas to ensure that new systems are accurately represented in the CMDB
• Ensure the accuracy of IT Service Models through delivery of our audit process
• Maintain and manage all aspects of CMDB data
• Provide reporting against the data
• Increase awareness of Configuration Management process and provide training where needed
• Provide sound knowledge and advice relating to the toolset and its usage
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
• a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
• up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
• 25 days holiday with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Business Intelligence Specialist