Data Culture Lead
Data Culture Lead
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801575
- Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Location: Head Office, Swindon
Competitive salary + excellent benefits package on a permanent 35-hour contract
Send in your Application by 31st January 2020
Could you be the person we need to make the language of data an integral part of our Society's culture?
The Data and Analytics Community is in the 2nd year of an exciting agenda to transform how colleagues across the Society engage with and drive value from data. We’ve put in place strong foundational technology building blocks and are now delivering solutions to thousands of colleagues. How comfortable colleagues feel with, and actively engaged with the solutions deployed will depend on strong data literacy skills and an evolution of mindset around the use of data. We need to integrate data solutions, analytics and insight within the experience of work for colleagues across the Society – what we refer to as 'Data Culture'.
Who we're looking for
You will be able to articulate and champion the value of data, analytics and insight in the context of decision-making and performance improvement. You’ll also have the passion and creativity to design, implement and maintain activities to change culture and improve data literacy.
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• A background in enabling organisations to deliver strategies and business value through culture change, learning and performance improvement.
• A strong understanding of data literacy and experience of developing competence and capability in relation to data and its value
• A track record of designing and implementing learning experiences, resources or educational initiatives relating to data and its value
• Comfort with data disciplines such as Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Governance
• Great interpersonal skills and the personal credibility to engage and influence Senior Managers and Directors
• Ability to build constructive and collaborative working relationships
• Exceptional communication and real demonstrable passion for cultural and people change
• The ability to work with complexity, taking an ambiguous brief and turning it into tangible activity to deliver business outcomes
What you'll be doing
To achieve our ambition of building society, Nationwide, and to keep pace with member, industry and regulatory expectations and requirements, data is becoming an increasingly important asset that the Society needs to care for and drive value from.
With an ability to both think strategically and drive execution, your role will be to design, test and embed solutions to improve data literacy and change culture, engaging and exciting our 18,000 colleagues to read, understand and act on data & insight.
Reporting into the Director of Business Intelligence, Reporting & Visualisation, you will develop tools, approaches, experiences and mind-sets which:
• Embed an improved narrative in the Society around the pace, success and value of modern information solutions
• Raise Society-wide awareness of the possibilities for data, bringing it into business consciousness and decision-making from board to front line
• Ensure all employees feel confident in using the information technologies at their fingertips
• Enable all colleagues to read, work with, analyse and argue with data
• Enable and incentivise access to data and insight in the flow of work
• Build out an engaged community of data professionals, creating self-managing networks across the Society to foster knowledge share and data re-use
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to transform the way Nationwide utilises and engages with Data.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to health care scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company allowance worth £4,656 per annum
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies