Engineer - E3
Engineer - E3
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801651
- Closing Date: 12 December 2019
- Based at our Head Office in Swindon. Just an hour from London by train, with generous relocation package available
- Salary (based on a 35-hour working week) to reflect experience.
- Full time, permanent job with clear pathways to further development and promotion.
Our payments application portfolio is undergoing a transformation programme that spans the next few years. We’re looking at what the biggest tech companies in the world are doing to help solve the huge complexities of our critical systems and embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking.
Our focus is shifting to newer technologies and solutions to elastically scale systems capable of handlings hundreds of thousands of events per second. The purpose? Outstanding customer experience. This is an exciting time to join if you’re keen to make an impact.
Who we're looking for
The ability and mindset to quickly learn new and emerging technologies and apply them to create new solutions is essential. And if you’ve had experience of some of the following, or similar, we’d like to hear from you.
- Experience of working with Pega Systems platforms, knowledge of Smart Disputes solution would be beneficial. Ideally, you would be PEGA CSSA or CLSA certified or working at a similar level.
- Experienced with object orientated software development, integration solutions and database architectures.
- History of developing applications reliant on web services and API’s
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Extensive programming experience, preferably in C# and/or Java. .Net Core would be a plus.
- Technical expertise in the design, build and test of code including writing automated test suites across a number of deliveries.
- Technical leadership and consultancy to senior stakeholders.
- Task managing a team of up to circa 10 engineers
- Actively drive Agile ways of working.
- Demonstrable experience in DevOps driven environments.
- Knowledge of SQL and noSql databases would be useful.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure, Security would also be beneficial.
- Exposure to cloud-based systems and their deployment
What you'll be doing
To build this new vision we are looking to recruit a new team of Engineers, recognised as technical SME’s and task leaders, with proven experience in coding and DevOps. You’ll need to provide strong technical leadership and be ready to help us learn new technologies and architectures. For us, it’s not just about having the right technical background, you need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed.
You’ll be at the frontline, delivering our vision to our members by leading the design, build and testing of systems used to process millions of transactions every day. You’ll be given the opportunity to work with the most up-to-date technologies to deliver real change.
Your day-to-day work will involve developing solutions in a highly collaborative environment and implementing them with your team, so you’ll have end-to-end ownership and will be given a platform to lead by example.
That’s our mindset and our culture: we want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships, so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means being valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to organise your life. We show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And as the world’s largest building society, communities are at the heart of everything we do. Doing the right thing for our members helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.