- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801701
- Closing Date: 20 January 2020
We need an experienced Delivery Manager within our Security Change Squad.
Based at our Head Office in Swindon.
The Security Squad mission is to “empower our people to efficiently deliver enterprise security capabilities that protect Nationwide, our Members’ and colleagues’ assets, provision legendary security services and enable the Society to operate safely and securely.”
You will play a key role within the squad and will bring our mission to life through successfully leading teams to deliver initiatives that realise the security strategy.
Who we're looking for
We'll need you to be an experienced change professional, with a proven history of delivering complex change. You’ll have experience of delivering change to both the technology landscape and business practices to ensure initiatives fully realise their benefits.
You'll be able to demonstrate significant experience of leading virtual teams to deliver complex projects. You’ll have experience of delivering change in agile and waterfall delivery frameworks and, more importantly, have an agile mindset to adapt project approaches to be efficient.
You will lead Initiative Review Boards and Agile Ceremonies to ensure initiatives are controlled. You will have extensive experience of risk, issue and budget management.
You will line manage change professionals and have experience of developing people to perform at their best.
Proven track record of delivering technology and business change is essential
Proven experience of effective risk, issue and budget management
Experience of delivering in Agile, Hybrid and Waterfall environments
Experience in developing and managing stakeholder and business relationships, with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Awareness of the regulatory landscape and associated expectations when delivering change into the financial services industry and the critical importance of the security and control of our members’ information.
What you'll be doing
- Working with Product Owners within Security to control the delivery of initiatives to time, cost and quality. Leading appropriate governance forums, including the production of necessary collateral to facilitate such meetings.
- You will be required to manage B or C type complexity initiatives.
- Supporting the definition and adoption of agile approaches in the squad
- Recruitment, development and performance management of Delivery Managers
- Working with key suppliers to ensure that initiatives are resourced effectively to deliver their outcomes
- Working with Centres of Excellence to ensure that projects are resourced effectively
- Working with Internal and External Auditors to ensure that any Audit Actions relating to initiatives are mitigated
The extras you'll get
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
• a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
• up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
• 25 days holiday (as of January 2020) with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies