Technical Service Manager
Technical Service Manager
- Location: Wiltshire, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002801712
- Closing Date: 13 December 2019
Nationwide Building Society is looking for a Technical Service Manager within IT Support at our head offices in Swindon, for a 12 month fixed term contract.
This role will take responsibility for managing the day to day activities and performance of the services provided by partner organisations to IT Support, with a specific focus on driving cost containment and efficiencies. You will also play an active role in developing the long-term scope and shape of the role.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• have excellent stakeholder management skills, able to negotiate and influence up to Director level and across organisations.
• have experience in working with contracted 3rd party suppliers and multi-disciplined teams based both locally and offshore.
• have a cost-focussed mindset and excellent attention to detail, even when under pressure.
• be able to work with undefined and ambiguous issues, spotting trends and providing structured recommendations to address the problem.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience with 3rd party contracts, software and hardware renewals or licence management.
• An appreciation of, or working experience in an IT environment.
What you'll be doing
It will be your job to help drive a wave of cost management reviews and efficiencies across IT Support and beyond, working with both internal and 3rd party teams to review existing support contracts, hardware and software purchases and provide cost oversight for a multi-million pound annual spend.
You’ll have experience in a similar role through working with 3rd party suppliers and be able to demonstrate a continual service improvement mindset across a broad spectrum. You will focus a spotlight on IT spend through data analysis and reporting, providing recommendations and then supporting the implementations to deliver results.
You must be a team player with excellent communication skills, happy to work both with both internal users and partner organisations to ensure delivery against defined service levels and business expectations.
The role will require frequent interactions with other functions within Nationwide, predominantly Finance, Procurement, Operational Vendor Management and Software Asset Management along with teams across IT Operations & Service Delivery.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
• a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
• up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
• 25 (As from January 2020) holiday, with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.
• Car allowance
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.