- Location: UK Wide, Countrywide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801729
- Closing Date: 01 January 2020
A Procurement Manager – New Market and Product Sourcing
- Location: Swindon and London
- Salary- £50,840 - £73,436 per year (dependant on skills and experience) plus benefits based on a permanent 35 hours a week contract.
- Send in your application by 1st January 2020
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Our procurement function has gone through significant and successful transformation supported by a CIPS Standard Award in record time. The new operating model for Nationwide procurement combines category alignment with business partnering focussed on the delivery of business and customer outcomes.
We are looking for people who are passionate about procurement and know the value they can bring to Nationwide Building Society. You will understand the importance of getting the right commercial deal, investing into relationships, moving at pace, emerging markets and technology impacting the financial services sector. You will want to make a difference with new thinking, whilst respecting we have process and policies to diligently follow.
We are starting to embrace new ways of working and contracting which will help the Society to generate new markets and income streams. You are keen to learn and as excited as we are about the future this role will bring.
Already a procurement professional, you’ll be looking for your next challenge. You have a proven track record in procurement and can demonstrate how you deliver tangible business benefit, using procurement expertise to influence and engage with a wide range of business stakeholders and suppliers.
Who we're looking for
- Minimum of 3 years experience in procurement and supply chain management (category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and management).
- Knowledge and an interest in creating new channels and opportunities to market which will be underpinned by technology sourcing.
- A good understanding of commercial frameworks which can support revenue creation and comfortable working with new commercial models.
- Understanding the impact of Fintechs, Techfins, and Digitalisation.
- A self-starter with delivery of output to an exceptionally high standard, whilst working at pace.
- A confident communicator with the ability to build great and effective relationships with stakeholders and 3rd Parties
- The ability to analyse data and complex inputs to support sound business decisions.
- A good knowledge of contract law.
- And most importantly you are a strong team player – we are a team who look after each other.
What you'll be doing
- We need our Procurement Managers to deliver “joined up” procurement and supply chain strategies and solutions. This means incorporating the full procurement lifecycle (category planning, sourcing & supplier management) across specific categories and business areas across
- You’ll be playing a key part in delivering Procurement Transformation programmes in several ways: leading Supplier Value Management and Commercial Contract Management activity for your designated suppliers / categories, as well as delivering on account plans, development plans and supplier governance.
- You’ll use strong stakeholder relationships and deep understanding of the designated business area to enable the development of procurement and supply chain strategies as their SME.
- Delivering robust commercial deals for NBS, that meet the risk appetite and ensure we spend our member’s money wisely and/or improve the customer experience.
- Drafting and negotiating complex contracts and ensure the maintenance and timely execution of NBS contract pipeline within remit.
- Provision of accurate and contract and supplier data.
- Acting as an SME to your Category partners and stakeholders to help deliver projects within budget and timescales.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you'll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
- London location allowance - £4,687 per annum
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.