Service Continuity Specialist
Service Continuity Specialist
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801791
- Closing Date: 26 January 2020
The importance of resilience within Nationwide’s IT infrastructure has never been more in focus. This presents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team shaping Nationwide’s IT Disaster Recovery’s Capability. As a team we make sure Nationwide’s Critical IT Services can be recovered in the event of a disaster through a disciplined schedule of technical testing and scenario based exercising supported by strong engagement with operational teams and transformation programmes
Who we're looking for
You'll be an excellent communicator, networker, planner and organiser with the ability to meet deadlines and to prioritise workloads effectively, preferably with experience within IT.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and/or IT Processes
• Excellent Stakeholder Management with the ability to build strong relationships, both within your team and across the business.
• Experience of reading and writing complex formulas, queries and VBA in MS Excel and MS Access.
• The ability to work with large datasets, creating meaningful MI and produce high quality reporting packs.
It would be nice if you also had:
• The ability to translate between technical and Business language
• A good understanding of Nationwide’s business objectives, products and processes.
• Have experience of writing management reports
• Knowledge/ experience of Risk management practices
What you'll be doing
You will be supporting the team in the delivery and execution of Disaster Recovery testing to validate and improve Nationwide’s resilience capability. You will need to build strong working relationships within and outside the department to ensure team objectives are achieved. You will also be passionate about increasing data quality in the team, driving data competence and ensuring we have a single version of the truth.
Your Key responsibilities will be to:
• Lead IT Disaster Recovery tests with strict adherence to Nationwide’s operational processes including change management with requirements to attend/present at Change Advisory boards.
• Lead workshops across operational teams to ensure disaster recovery plans and playbooks remain fit for purpose.
• Act as a role model, mentor and coach for junior team members
• Maintain and develop existing MI Database solution; Producing monthly reporting packs that are consumed by Senior Management.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
• A personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
• Up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• Family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
• 25 days holiday with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Business Intelligence Specialist
Infrastructure Support Specialist Lead
Lead Red Hat/Solaris Infrastructure Support Specialist