- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002801811
- Closing Date: 23 January 2020
Our Procurement function has gone through significant and successful transformation supported by a CIPS Standard Award in record time. The operating model for Nationwide Procurement combines category alignment with business partnering to create teams focussed on the delivery of business and customer outcomes.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join our Procurement function to help deliver greater cost efficiency and deliver sustainable value through an effective and engaged supply base.
• Location - Swindon
• Salary £19,647 - £28,379 based on a full time 35hour per week contract.
• Permanent position
• Closing Date, 24th January 2020
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone who is a confident communicator, who enjoys building excellent working relationships and thrives on being part of a busy team. You will have a proven ability to plan and prioritise your work, and be willing to get involved in a variety of activities across the team.
As a minimum requirement, you will need:
• Good interpersonal skills including effective communications, relationships building and stakeholder management
• Have excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with great attention to detail
• Possess the ability to analyse data and complex inputs to support sound business decisions
• Be able to work effectively in a team environment supporting your colleagues
It would be nice if you have:
• Experience within a Financial Services organisation
• An understanding or experience of working in a Procurement Environment
What you'll be doing
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Provide Support to the procurement manager and wider category team in delivering against procurement & supply chain strategies for a specific spend category and business areas
• Providing support in enabling value for designated suppliers through delivery against account plans, development plans and governance frameworks
• Work with business areas to support requirements specification
• Provide advice and guidance on procurement processes
• Understand and manage commercial contract risk with suppliers within spend sub category
• Negotiate, draft and manage low value and low risk contracts with suppliers
• Comply with all NBS policies and deliver against statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Financial Analyst Senior Accountant
£42,370 - £61,201
Finance Manager - Fixed Term Contract
£50,840 - £73,436