IT Monitoring Specialist
IT Monitoring Specialist
- Location: Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802177
- Closing Date: 10 July 2020
Do you have a track record in providing technical delivery through the design, build and implementation of enterprise monitoring solutions? Are you comfortable working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team?
Take your career to the next level by managing high quality technical solutions to be delivered at pace, backed by a solid household name; a financial institution investing £1.2b in our technology.
Owning an in-depth knowledge & experience of AppDynamics, you’ll contribute to the ongoing maintenance of engineering principles, patterns and standards to reflect best practice and effective use within the organisation
By acting as an Infrastructure Engineering advocate across Nationwide you’ll identify good practices to adopt and share these experiences, e.g.: through blog posts, tech talks at technical forums, knowledge share, etc.
What you’ll be doing
Working with other Infrastructure Engineers in our delivery squads, you will be:
- Working with stakeholder/peers to understand how the technical infrastructure deliverables interlock with activities within and outside of the team and where required provide solutions to align with engineering principles and architectural strategy
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of engineering principles, patterns and standards to reflect best practice and effective use within the organisation
- Build a network with other engineers/SMEs to understand best practice and emerging trends within engineering
- Develop capability of infrastructure engineering team by supporting recruitment and pipeline talent development, through coaching and mentoring
You’ll be ready to share your expertise with our emerging talent, enable good working relationships with both technical, 3rd party/supplier and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism and have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Cloud based monitoring technologies and concepts
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Network and infrastructure security concepts
- Agile project management methodologies
- Regulatory environments such as PCI and GDPR
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are?
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role?
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.