Head of Technology Sourcing & Supplier Relationship Management
Head of Technology Sourcing & Supplier Relationship Management
- Location: UK Wide, UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802185
- Closing Date: 04 June 2020
We are navigating significant change at Nationwide. It’s an exciting time as we evolve to a new future that sees us accelerate delivery of value to our Members and engage colleagues around new ways of working.
An exciting opportunity has emerged to lead our Technology Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management function and be accountable for evaluating and improving sourcing and supplier performance against a backdrop of a rapidly changing and increasingly complex market landscape, most notably in support of Nationwide’s Technology Strategy.
We are looking for:
- A Head of Technology Sourcing & Supplier Relationship Management
- Flexible Location
- Competitive Senior Executive Package
- Permanent Contract
- Send in your CV by Thursday 4th June
What you'll be doing
Key to the role is the accountability for sourcing outcomes from all Technology Sourcing Categories together with delivering Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) plans for Nationwide’s key Technology Partners. You will be responsible for leading, motivating and empowering a team of over 20 professionals – leading the team in way that aligns with the Nationwide Values and creates leaders of the future across a portfolio of c300 suppliers and c£600m spend across Networks & End User, Infrastructure and Cloud.
The team is an extremely important component of Nationwide and have the responsibility to ensure our members’ money is spent wisely. We are passionate about building a sustainable and efficient supply chain and managing risk for the Society. All of this, whilst we have some fun in supporting the business to build new and innovative products for our members. It will also be equally important.
This role will be at the heart of the Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management agenda and have a wide and varied remit. Some of the key deliverables will include:
- Supply Chain Strategy - A deep understanding of the Nationwide Strategy, developing and implementing Technology Sourcing Category Strategies and SRM plans across Networks & End User, Infrastructure & Cloud, ensuring they are fully aligned to and delivering against Nationwide’s strategic priorities; ultimately focused upon maximising value, driving supplier performance, building resilience & sustainability, and, driving innovation across the entire Supply Chain.
- Contracting- Build, maintain and oversee timely execution of NBS technology activity and contract pipelines, delivering robust commercial deals for NBS, that meet the risk appetite and contribute to the overall reduction of its cost base and/or improve the customer experience.
Supplier Relationship Management- Develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management approach for Technology ensuring relationships between Nationwide and our strategic suppliers are managed to deliver maximum value and innovation from the relationship.
Insight & external market engagement - Develop and use strong networks across the supply markets and other external organisations, including peers, to bring thought leadership, deep insights and innovative procurement and supply chain solutions to NBS.
Stakeholder Engagement - Building and developing strong relationships with stakeholders across NBS and be recognised as delivering excellent Technology Sourcing and SRM services to those stakeholders.
People Leadership - Shaping the team, consequently hiring, retaining, developing and inspiring these critical leaders and ensuring sufficient resources are available to execute portfolios
The role holder will be adept at navigating at an enterprise level (horizontally and vertically) towards collective outcomes, an enabler of change; creating a vision and driving it through the business to deliver excellent results.
Who we're looking for
A recognised leader in Sourcing and SRM with proven experience. You’ll also have significant experience and ability to demonstrate a track record in the embedding of strategic change initiatives, as well as excellent knowledge of the latest tools and processes for sourcing, risk and supplier relationship management.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because the soft skills will be equally as critical in determining your success in the role. You will need to be able to show us how adaptive you are and your agility to work across a wide remit with pace. Your ability to navigate the organisation effectively - constructively challenging the status quo with sensitivity to current norms - is critical.
To be successful in this role, you will have or be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership skills and experienced in leading and developing a team of professionals, driving improvements through people, inspiring and empowering professionals thereby transforming and aligning the organisation in a new and challenging direction
- Deep category knowledge on all aspects on Technology sourcing with strong external marketplace connections and an ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with both existing and potential new partners
- Excellent contract law and regulatory understanding relevant to Financial Services with knowledge of contracting with Technology suppliers
- Excellent contract and supplier relationship management skills with the ability to develop realistic and compelling strategies for communicating the value of supplier management strategies
- Collaborative and pragmatic in approach, able to actively balance shorter term performance needs versus medium/long term department development requirements.
- Experienced in designing and implementation of new procurement and supply chain models including outsourcing
- Understand negating tactics negotiation strategy and styles to secure favourable terms and maximise value
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- As the role will require interacting and influencing at Nationwide Leadership Team level you will need to show how you have been a trusted advisor and sounding board to senior leaders across the Society
It would also be nice if you had…
- A degree with a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPS or equivalent)
- Financial Services experience
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, it’s only fair to expect a lot out. So, when you help us do the right thing for our members, we want to reward you. As well as your salary, additional benefits include 30 days’ holiday (on top of bank holidays), an executive car allowance, a competitive pension or cash alternative, private healthcare for your family plus executive health screening every 2 years, life assurance and the opportunity to participate in Sharing in Success, our Society-wide, all-employee variable pay plan. If that wasn’t enough, you could also tailor your reward package by taking advantage of a range of flexible benefits.
Why work at Nationwide?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
As part of the recruitment process, we request you to submit a CV supporting your application highlighting your relevant skills and experience.