Infrastructure Engineer for Microsoft Office 365
Infrastructure Engineer for Microsoft Office 365
- Location: Swindon Head Office
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802206
- Closing Date: 06 August 2020
You will join our Infrastructure Engineering team, which provides design, build and non-production support services for the IT transformation delivery teams. You will use your technical expertise to create technical artefacts, enabling high quality technical solutions to be delivered at pace.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Infrastructure Engineering supports all the Non-production Infrastructure. This is used for development and Systems testing. We also build the production systems before they are handed on to the production support area within Nationwide and provide specialist guidance and advice. Infrastructure Engineering provides a key foundation for any of the systems being developed for internal or Member facing use.
What you’ll be doing
Working within the project team you will work collaboratively with others to build the best solution for Nationwide using Microsoft Windows 10 and the wider Microsoft platform. Using your team leadership skills and SME knowledge, you will attend meetings, offer advice/consultancy build systems and work through problems to provide solid working solutions within the Windows space.
Have a proven track record in providing technical delivery through the design, build and implementation of Microsoft Office 365.
• Have in depth knowledge & experience of the following:
o Microsoft 365
o Video conferencing using Teams
o Microsoft Windows
o Microsoft InTune
o Microsoft SCCM
• Be comfortable working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team
• Drawing on past experience, you should be comfortable to lead other team members when necessary
• Capability to write technical in-depth designs and present solutions to wider audience
• Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
• Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
• Ability to follow detailed processes, implement change and adhere to company policy
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
o Windows 10
o Windows Server
o Group Policy
o Active Directory
o SCRUM/Agile methodologies
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
• Your values, and what makes you who you are
• How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.