- Location: Swindon
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802236
- Closing Date: 14 July 2020
Our payments application portfolio is undergoing a transformation programme that spans the next few years. We’re looking at what the biggest tech companies in the world are doing to help solve the huge complexities of our critical systems, and embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking.
We are looking to recruit an additional team member to the Cards Value stream, who has proven experience in design, development coding and DevOps, who is an agile thinker and ready to help us learn new technologies and architectures.
Our focus is shifting to new technologies to build scaling resilient systems capable of handling the growing card base and card processing demand. The purpose? Outstanding customer experience. This is an exciting time to join if you’re keen to make an impact.
What you’ll be doing
For us, it’s not just about having the right technical background, you need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed. You’ll be at the frontline, delivering our vision to our members by designing, building and testing systems used to process millions of transactions every day. You’ll be given the opportunity to work with the most up-to-date technologies to deliver real change.
You’ll make valuable contributions through developing solutions in a highly collaborative environment and implementing them with your team. With end-to-end ownership, development and deployment you’ll be given a platform to lead by example.
That’s our mindset and our culture: we want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
If you’ve had experience of some of the following, or similar, we’d like to hear from you:
- Technical expertise in analysis and design across a number of initiatives.
- Experience of build and test of code including writing automated test suites.
- Knowledge of LINC, COBOL programming languages is desirable.
- A good knowledge of card management processing, key encryption management, Visa settlement and clearing processing, and PCI principles
- The ability and mindset to quickly gain an in-depth functional and technical understanding of the existing Card Management and Visa Suite used in Payments today.
- The ability to apply and share this knowledge to help identify replacement applications is essential
- The ability and mindset to quickly learn new and emerging technologies to help identify and create new solutions is essential
- Working in Agile and/or DevOps driven environments.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure, Security and Cloud would also be beneficial.
The extras you’ll get
Feeling as though you belong means being valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to organise your life. We show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.