Careers Programme Specialist
Careers Programme Specialist
- Location: Swindon
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802238
- Closing Date: 13 July 2020
We have an opportunity for you to join us as a Technology Development Programme Specialist which can be based in Swindon or London with travel between locations.
You'll enjoy a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and the option to take this as a full or part time role.
Ideally you'll bring experience of internal and external communications within talent support, including career changers, graduates, apprentices and interns.
Our Technology Development Programme (TDP) forms a crucial part of Nationwide’s Early Career strategy by providing a sustainable talent pipeline for our growing IT teams. You will be helping attract, develop and flow talent across the Society.
You can find out more about the Technology Development Programme via the below link:-
What you’ll be doing
What you'll be doing:
You will be supporting all types of talent (including career changers, graduates, apprentices and interns), from those who could be starting their career through to those who are changing theirs.
You’ll take responsibility for the day-to-day management of TDP talent, along with the longer term shaping of the programme, so you’ll be a strong team player, comfortable with colleagues across all levels of seniority.
Day-to-day you will:
- Manage the communications internal and external stakeholders of our programmes and partnerships
- Create and maintain technology related development materials to deliver agreed outcomes
- Support and refine all TDP processes, including attraction, onboarding, recruitment, development, business readiness and deployment
- Line management of individuals and groups, setting performance targets and monitor development plan progress
- Effective coaching and feedback to direct reports to ensure achievement of agreed outcomes
- Advise individuals on career paths and encourage development of skills and capabilities
- Deputise for the TDP manager when required
- Drive continuous improvement across the scheme, including managing some of our partners and suppliers.
Who we're looking for:
We need someone who can build and maintain strong relationships with up to 15 TDP direct reports, and with colleagues across the Society. Ideally an experienced professional with a proven track record of success and excellent communication skills. A background in communications, promotion and working with third parties is desirable for this role.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Understanding of emerging talent offerings and recruitment within the external market
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to influence at all levels
- Experience of talent programmes and/or technical coaching background
- Experience of promoting and facilitating development events
- Experience of the pastoral care of emerging talent such as a coach or line manager
It would be nice if you also had:
- A passion for, or an understanding of, a range of IT technology
- A passion for encouraging a diverse and inclusive mix of people to start a career in technology
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.