Senior Architect - Cloud Network - London
Senior Architect - Cloud Network - London
- Location: Central London
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802279
- Closing Date: 21 August 2020
You’ll be part of a small team of network architects responsible for the Society’s network strategy & architecture. Your primary focus will be on Cloud networks however you’ll frequently collaborate on and contribute to the broader network domain.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll operate at various levels, including setting strategic technology direction, defining architectural patterns / standards, contributing to solution architecture & governance of architecture / design.
You’ll collaborate with current & potential vendors to ensure we understand their product capabilities & roadmap and fully exploit the Society’s investment in its network.
You’ll collaborate with engineering, delivery & operational teams to ensure your guided by a deep understanding of their challenges and that the Society’s strategy & architecture are well understood.
You'll work in an agile manner with workstreams and feature teams to provide guidance on product development to align with the network in place or iterate on the network to cater for new features.
You'll assure the product development done by the workstreams and feature teams to ensure that they consume networks (Cloud and route back to on-prem) in a secure and efficient manner
- You'll have experience in working with significant Cloud products and their networking requirements
- You’ll have a broad technical knowledge with demonstratable experience across WAN, Data Centre LAN, Campus LAN & Network Security
- You’ll have deep technical knowledge with demonstratable experience of deployment into and integration with Cloud Service Providers (AWS & Azure)
- You’ll need an appreciation of broader infrastructure / application spaces and their demands of the network
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday
- London location allowance - £4,687 per annum
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
- Individual healthcare cover
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.