- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802293
- Closing Date: 15 August 2020
Nationwide is leveraging the power of Cloud, DevOps and Agile to bring teams together and create compelling Digital experiences for our members. At the same time, we’re investing in our branches and contact centres to create the best blend of human and digital service.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be the Technology Lead, working as part of a leadership trio including a Chief Product Owner and Delivery Lead, for our new Homes and Dreams mission – providing thought leadership and technical direction to our engineering teams, and focused on our core mortgages journeys as we transition from monolithic to microservices architecture. We’re looking for both technical depth and leadership qualities. You’ll be able to build and sustain technical excellence within a team, take in-hand an existing backlog and create the right environment for success.
We need somebody with:
• Strong leadership and organisational skills
• Proven experience in building and leading engineering teams
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Deep Software Engineering Technical experience with the ability to inspire a technical team
• Expert in Agile and DevOps processes and techniques, modern toolsets
• Familiarity with mobile app development environment
• Experience in leading technical teams and making decisions through periods of ambiguity
• Experience of setting a compelling vision and communicating it to stakeholders at all levels
• A successful track record of interpreting external drivers (technology developments, market conditions, consumer behaviour, Regulatory demands), aligning with an organisational architectural/technical strategy to translate into technical solutions and priorities is essential
Deep technical knowledge and understanding of the appropriate technologies for the Squad to provide strong leadership
Ideally, you also have:
• Knowledge of Financial services and understanding of mortgages application processes
• Strong knowledge of cloud-native, full-stack software engineering capabilities including microservices (.NET Core or Java) with front-end (React), container orchestration (Kubernetes), as well as event-based architecture patterns (Kafka)
• Strong hands on and operational skills
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Access to a healthcare scheme
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance
Click apply today and send us your CV.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.
Why work at Nationwide
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.