- Location: Swindon Head Office
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802343
- Closing Date: 27 November 2020
We are looking for a Network Operations Support Specialist in the IT Operations datacentre team
The Networking team is responsible for Nationwide’s Network which includes all connectivity between our admin sites, branches and datacentres as well as all external connectivity, we also look after the security devices and the wireless solution plus all network equipment that resides in our data centres which includes a large ACI Network which has just been implemented. To work in this team, it would be great if you had a Cisco networking background with knowledge of ACI, BGP,OSPF any experience in Cisco SDA, security, including Cisco FTD and ASA, Juniper SRX , large Bluecoat Proxy and McAfee DLP and F5 ASM/GTM/LTM would be advantageous.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Having a diverse workforce is important to us. We do offer sponsorships to non-EU nationals with specialist skills to take up UK roles. However, by law we can only do this if we can’t find a suitable resident candidate. Typically, this role generates a high volume of resident applications. Candidates are therefore more than welcome to apply but should be aware that the resident labour market test must be followed.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work with the teams across IT operations to analyse our existing manual processes and identify where automation can be delivered to improve accuracy, reliability and efficiency.
Your mentoring skills will be invaluable in helping to develop the skills of those with less experience and early in their technical career that will be working alongside you
You will also:
• Share knowledge and produce documentation
• Support the Networks operations team
• Contribute towards driving decisions and helping remove blockers to drive forward implementation of automation
• Work with stakeholder/peers to understand how automation interlocks with activities within and outside of the team
• Contribute innovative ideas and ways of improving and optimising the operation
As a minimum you'll have:
• Ability to be an approachable team member with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• CCNA in Routing and Switching or Security
• experience in at least two of the following technologies
o Cisco Security
o Cisco ACI
o Cisco SDA
o MPLS (Core/ Provider)
o BGP and OSPF
It would be nice if you also had experience of:
• Cisco IOS, IOS XE and IOS XR
• Cisco FTD/FMC, Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA
• Cisco ACI/SDA
• F5 LTM, GTM/DNS, ASM
• APIC, Techtration
• Microfocus NOM Suite (NNMi, NA, BVD)
• Cloud Hosting (AWS, Azure)
• Skybox, Cisco Stealthwatch, Splunk, Thousandeyes, Ansible
• Cisco ISE and NAC
• InfoBlox DNS and IPAM
• Bluecoat Proxy
• Ansible, Jinja 2 and Python scripting experience
• Experience of working with implementation and operational partners
This is a unique role offering the successful candidate to work on the latest cutting-edge networking and security technology. At Nationwide we recognise that training is vital for developing staff so you will have access to courses to allow to increase the depth and breadth of skills you have.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
• Your values, and what makes you who you are
• How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.