Solution Architect - Operational Resilience
Solution Architect - Operational Resilience
- Location: Central London
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802368
- Closing Date: 30 September 2020
We need someone who has a good background in a number of areas of infrastructure and architecture disciplines and with the right attitude to go the extra mile for service. These roles won’t work alone, so will expect to have regular close working with many other architects and engineers, service delivery specialists, senior stakeholders and partners across the various different programmes of activity and operational teams within Nationwide.
As a building society, our members come first, they deserve great service and we strive to achieve and exceed it! Throughout programmes and transformation activity, our Architects and Engineering roles are key. We have dedicated teams looking at Operational Resilience, what things could become a concern, what things might need that extra bit of attention to ensure we deliver quality services which people can expect and depend upon, for now, the future and always.
Solution integrity, simplification, robust and scalable solutions are vital, along with great interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships to get there!
What you’ll be doing
As a Solution Architect working within CTO Architecture you’ll be part of a team responsible for one or more of the areas of the Operational Resilience programme of activity.
- It is vital that you can build a good working relationship with the other architecture areas, along with designers and key stakeholders.
- Working with Senior Architects to help deliver and maintain the IT strategy and architecture within the infrastructure specialism.
- Lead end to end architecture on a variety of projects primarily with focus on operational resilience.
- Able to think of technical approaches and solutions – from investigating ideas through to delivery and governance.
- Ensure Solution integrity throughout the change lifecycle on projects and programmes, ensuring that all solutions are fit for purpose and have considered the future needs of the business and how viable the solution is to implement.
- Provide specialist consultancy and advice on complex technical design or change options and provide a balanced view of the respective issues and merit of different technical options.
- Have a personal drive to understand the bigger picture and contribute to and shape the current and future IT capability.
- Participating in architectural and project governance, approving solutions and designs and conducting quality assurance as required
- Someone prepared to drive and challenge both requirements and designs to ensure we deliver the right business outcomes.
- Someone who is able to build good working relationships with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A strong architecture background in more than one key infrastructure area of specialism; e.g. servers, hosting, environments, security, networking, identity, resilience, systems management, etc.
- A robust grasp of IT solutions architectural thinking, design and governance.
- A deep knowledge of the IT Operations and “run” aspects of services and solutions.
- The ability to deliver technical solutions that support the IT strategic direction, the needs of the business and external regulatory demands.
- A proven track record of delivering large-scale IT solutions.
- The ability to quickly gain an understanding of new technologies and their impact on our strategic IT roadmaps.
- Ability to work closely with non-technical stakeholders to support the shaping and creation of requirements and designs and have the ability to communicate technical issues and constraints to non-technical colleagues.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.