PEGA Certified Lead System Architect
PEGA Certified Lead System Architect
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802374
- Closing Date: 01 December 2020
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
The Simplification and Automation team are charged with implementing Pega as the strategic BPM tool of choice within the Society, looking to both replace legacy BPM platforms and enhance customer journeys: reducing SLAs for members, improving the roles of our front and back office colleagues and getting more work right first time.
What you’ll be doing
As a Pega Lead System Architect in Nationwide you will be at the centre of driving forward the Society’s technical strategy for Simplification and Automation. The candidate must have a strong background in design and implementation of complex BPM implementations spanning multiple roles/departments. Strong emphasis will be placed upon technical and process re-use within multiple divisions/organisations.
You'll Contribute to project delivery by providing deep technical and engineering expertise throughout all phases of the development life cycle. Responsible for systems analysis, system design (Architecture) and rule development for more difficult and complex changes.
You'll be responsible for quality, reliability, performance, availability, security and supportability of the solution architecture, systems and configurations designed and developed Maintenance and review of Guardrails ensuring standards are maintained.
You'll achieve this by partnering with architects, application developers, database engineers, designers and computing infrastructure personnel in design, development, configuration and delivery of solutions. Will also provide technical direction to other developers in activities as defined here.
You know how to apply your knowledge of software engineering standards, compliance, PEGA best practices and risk management processes to ensure conformance of system to system requirements and applicable regulatory needs.
- You demonstrate a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact
- You hold a Pega Systems Architect certification
- You've delivered across a range of Pega related projects, such as rollouts and upgrades across different work streams (v7.x and 8.x)
- Agile / SCRUM experience
- You possess strong technical leadership skills and are able to translate requirements to both non technical and technical stakeholders
- You are able to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- You are process driven; this role has a heavy emphasis on process and technical re-use
We are happy to consider applications from across the UK. There may be the odd occasion where travel to London or Swindon is required.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
The hiring manager for this role is Ian Lycett and the main resourcing contact is Nikki Frostick.