- Location: Swindon
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802382
- Closing Date: 23 October 2020
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As a Software Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate on applications supporting our customer information.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking to strengthen our Unisys Engineering Team, recruiting recognised technical experts to work on our Customer processing application portfolio. You will proactively represent our applications in collaboration with colleagues from Architecture, Test and our business to ensure quality solutions are deliverable and strategic from the outset. You will initially be working with the applications resident on our Unisys CIS partition, though over time you will have the opportunity to influence and support work to migrate functionality to new platforms.
For us, it’s not just about having the right technical background, you need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed. Your day-to-day work will involve developing and testing solutions in a highly collaborative environment and implementing them with your team.
We’re looking for someone to help us proactively develop and grow the next generation of experts, identifying and implementing robust succession plans for our critical Unisys applications. This will help to ensure we are able to provide the right development and support capability for the life of the platform.
That’s our mindset and our culture: we want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships, so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
You'll need proven experience of design or coding, and ideally Testing in a Unisys 2200 Mainframe Environment, as well as collaborating effectively across other technical delivery and support areas, providing expert advice, consultancy and direction. If you've had experience of the following, or similar, we'd like to hear from you.
- Extensive programming or design experience in Unisys Linc and/or Unisys COBOL
- Expertise in the design, build and test of complex solutions resident on a customer information system, such as Unisys CIS
- An understanding of the strategic direction of the Unisys mainframes (e.g. ABSuite, Clearpath)
- Engineering of IT solutions to meet Business requirements, understanding the business impact of technical problems and solutions
- Comfortable conducting risk assessments and making technical decisions to mitigate risks
- Strong stakeholder management & engagement skills
- Engagement with programmes & projects to provide expert input into all aspects of the lifecycle, from early life through to production support
- Understanding complex problems, providing root cause analysis and identifying options for resolution
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.