Developer in Test - Java
Developer in Test - Java
- Location: Swindon
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802387
- Closing Date: 31 October 2020
Nationwide is opening a new, state-of-the art tech hub in Holborn, Central London. For an agile-minded Developer in Test like you, it’s a unique opportunity to get a Centre of Engineering Excellence off the ground, influence its evolution and grow your career.
We’re following the lead of some of the world’s biggest tech companies in solving the huge complexities of massive-scale, user-driven systems. So we’re embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking focused around event streams and event-driven architectures. It involves utilising technologies such as Apache Kafka, NoSQL Databases and Microservices to build elastically scaling systems to provide an outstanding experience to our members.
Shape and be part of our new vision, while having a healthy work-life balance. You’ll be given your schedule in advance, helping you to organise your life and enjoy everything the capital has to offer.
What you’ll be doing
You will be part of a team working in an agile environment working collaboratively with the access management team with responsibility for designing and writing automated test cases required for onboarded applications into SailPoint IIQ and assisting in implementation of applications into SailPoint IIQ.
Knowledge and skills:
- Develop, maintainable, testable, and reusable code
- Designing and writing automated test cases
- Investigating problems in software as a result of testing
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Java Core Basic Knowledge
- Experience in Selenium and Cucumber for designing and writing test automation scripts
- Experience in using test automation frameworks
- Source Control : GIT, Team Foundation Server (TFS) etc
- XML knowledge
- PowerShell scripting
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.
What to do next
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button below.