Mobile Application Developer, Security
Mobile Application Developer, Security
- Location: Central London
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802393
- Closing Date: 23 October 2020
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As a Security Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate on our Financial Crime and Risk applications.
What you’ll be doing
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, thinking end to end. You will be the mobile application engineering subject matter expert and will work alongside other engineers to deliver both technical and design outcomes as well as collaborating across other technical delivery and support areas, providing advice and consultancy.
It is worth mentioning that security engineers are mainly accountable for the Protect function of our enterprise cybersecurity framework.
- Engagement with programmes & projects to provide expert input from early life through to production support
- Accountable for Detailed Design for Security and Secure Programming
- Engineering of Secure Software solutions, including design & code reviews from security perspective
- Threat modelling
Understanding the business impact of technical problems and be comfortable making risk assessments.
We are looking for a Mobile Application Engineer with experience in designing for security and secure programming – as you’ll be working as the security engineering subject matter expert across our verity of systems portfolio and more specifically on our Money Management digital programme. You should have demonstrable experience in aspects of…
- General mobile security concepts (i.e. Secure enclaves, mobile IPC, Sandboxing, Code signing, etc)
- Full appreciation of Software Development Lifecycles and knowledge of Agile and DevSecOps
- Web application vulnerabilities and security concepts (session management, XSS, CSRF, etc)
- Knowledge of design for security, threat modelling and application security methodologies and frameworks (i.e. Microsoft SDL, OWASP ASVS…)
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.