Senior Security Consultant
Senior Security Consultant
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002802414
- Closing Date: 27 November 2020
As a Security Architect/Senior Security Consultant you'll be a subject matter expert for IT and Information Security. At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Our mission in the Security team is: “We protect Nationwide, our members’ and colleagues’ information and assets, and provide legendary security services” and we are privileged to work in an organisation where security and privacy is right at the heart of the relationship we have with our members, based on trust and first class customer service.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working in a friendly and established team of Security professionals, supporting everything from local area initiatives to major corporate transformation projects; enabling projects (including agile) to comply with Security standards, policies and regulatory requirements, helping to ensure that the impact of these policies is minimised.
You will be reviewing designs and providing approval in line with agreed requirements, providing detailed risk assessments and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
You will communicate security issues and goals to a wide range of stakeholders from Senior management, product owners, engineers and operational staff.
You will recommend service improvements to enhance security throughout the IT infrastructure as well as providing training, knowledge transfer and support to other members of the wider Security teams where required.
As a Security Architect/Senior Security Consultant you will be a subject matter expert for IT Security and Information Security with significant experience in a similar role. As a minimum you’ll: -
- have previous demonstrable experience in Security Consultancy,
- be self-driven with a technology focused mindset with an industry recognised Security Qualification (CISSP qualification or equivalent experience,)
- have the ability to identify, assess and communicate clearly; complex threats/risks using management methodologies, relating them to the wider business environment,
- be able to manage senior stakeholders and use your clear communication skills to articulate challenges in language your stakeholders will understand,
- be a good communicator and able to ask the right questions to give specific recommendations,
- have the ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term,
- have the ability to manage several workstreams simultaneously whilst balancing security priorities and concerns, often working within tight timescales to a high quality,
- have the ability to develop strong working relationships,
- have good working knowledge of a variety of technologies both traditional and cloud (AWS/Azure/Google) e.g. Microsoft technologies, UNIX, Networking, Databases, web components integration, containerisation (such Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift), Mobile Applications, and APIs.
It would be nice if you also had:
- good working knowledge of PCI-DSS (PCI-P qualification or equivalent experience,)
- good working knowledge of Data privacy and GDPR,
- good working knowledge of cloud security (ideally CCSP or CCSK qualified,)
- experience in working in an Agile or DevSecOps methodology/tools e.g (GIT, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus, Terraform, Ansible,)
- advanced experience in IT security, threats and countermeasure control strategies, particularly within an agile cloud-based environment,
- in depth knowledge of OWASP, Secure Application Development and Software Development methodologies,
- vendor specific certs such as AWS/Azure/GCP,
- experience of working within financial sector and/or digital projects.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.